(Edit) WTT PSA 10 Shadowless 17-102 for 1st ed Zard

Hey there! Like the title says.

I have a psa 10 shadowless non holo base set 17-102 (with both Pikachu) I would value it at ~6k

Some of the cards in the set are very hard to acquire and took me a lot of time to find. I would estimate there are very few complete sets with the pop on a few of the cards.

Looking for 1st ed Charizard BGS 9.5 copy of the card.

(One recently sold for 6k.). (Yes I know auctions aren’t always the most fair reflection of price). But none the less. One just sold for 6k

Thanks.

(I have a US shipping address and am 100% fine with a middle man or whatever you want!)

(Edit). I have some other cards that are on the table as additions here is a list.
1st edition Shining Magikarp BGS 9.5
Shadowless Chansey BGS 9.5
Shadowless Poliwrath BGS 9.5
Shadowless nidoking PSA 9
Shadowless Gyarados PSA 9
Shadowless Hitmonchan PSA 9
Shadowless Machamp PSA 9
Shadowless Clefairy PSA 9

(All of these psa 9 I’ve taken time to cherry pick as clean 9’s, as I had planned on crossing them to BGS 9.5)

I could also work cash into the mix if somebody wanted to work something like that out. $$$$

You have 17-102 of base shadowless non-holos… or did you mean 1st edition base shadowless non-holos?

Shadowless non holos. Not 1st Edition

I would say 1st ed would be worth oodles more than 7-8k

I’m failing to see how a Shadowless non holo set could be worth any more than $4k. Maybe a slight bit more if listed on Ebay to cover a premium and fees but in a trade $4k seems to be on the higher end. What am I missing?

1 Like

Agreed, especially so with the 1st ed non-holo set selling for 10k twice now.

I think maybe you’re missing the fact that some of these non holos are pop around 30. Yes first edition is more valuable of course. But how many full shadowless sets could there actually be? I guess maybe that’s where I see it’s value. Potentially I could be a little optimistic at 8. But that didn’t change the fact that a 1st ed 9.5 just sold for 6k… I’m not asking for specific subs. I’m just asking for a 9.5… I could edit my post that I have some 9.5 shadowless holos as well as a good amount of psa 9 shadowless holos I’ve been cherry picking to cross 9.5 I just haven’t gotten there if somebody wanted to go that rout as well on top. . I also don’t mind throwing a bit of cash on top if somebody was interested. I just honestly don’t see this being far off: which is the reason I’ve posted.

I agree with the others but maybe you can find somebody who really needs the shadowless and would trade their 1st Base Gemmint Charizard.
You’d probably have a better chance though if you added 2 to 3k cash just to make the offer fairer?

I’m open too somebody wanting to work something like that out :blush:

I don’t see it happening. You might get $3-4k for this set. Yes some cards are low pop but there’s hardly any demand for these. Some people have thousands but it’s just not worth grading and getting $20-30 if you’re lucky and score a 10.

You might get a PSA 8 Zard. A BGS 9.5 Zard is just wishful thinking , which I would value closer to $10k tbh.

I do own a couple 9.5 but I would have to say the value of that card is way more than the shadowless set. And as you’ve already said, that last auction was just that, an undervalued exchange. I mean maybe a psa 9 charizard but a 9.5 is a better card. Yes, I am slightly biased but looking at the chasm between a psa 10 valued at 30k+ and a psa 9 at 5-6k, I would say a bgs 9.5 is gonna hold anything between 7-20k, with median/avg at around 10-15k.

Not trying to be offensive. You will get blasted when you make a trade offer like that.

What’s the approx value of your trade cards?

also, BGS 9.5 is one of those grades that have not gotten enough attention and respect in the Pokémon community. As you all the know, the subgrades on a 9.5 can have astronomical effects on the price. Instead of just saying 9.5, you should probably also give a realistic range. A bgs 9.5 with 2x10 subgrades is a solid psa 10. So that bgs 9.5 could bring in something like 30k-40k on a charizard. A quad 9.5 could still bring in 10-25k, while a base 9.5 with a 9 sub grade might be a bit over a strong psa 9.

. You are absolutely correct. And I did mention that in one of my responses. I’m looking for a 9.5… not worried about sub grades!

1 Like

. Listen. I know what you’re saying. I really do. But like many have said. The card is worth what it’s worth. And that day a week ago. The card was worth 6k. I’ve had offers higher than 4k for the set already, and it’s only been a couple days. As well as my post says that I have cards that can be added on top, as well as I’ve offered cash… can you please tell me what exactly the trade offer you’re referring to is? Because it seems to me that I’m actually pretty fair even with the valuation you’re giving my set… I also don’t see anybody blasting me? 1st ed Zards are one of those things that people love to hype on here… because why wouldn’t you? But the truth of the matter is what they are worth based on sales… so a 10 sold for 40k? Do you think that then is the new bottom for this card… No. That was a specific situation. Market price doesn’t work that way. Also here are the trade valuations on my offered trade cards.

1st ed shining Karp. BGS 9.5. -$450
Shadowlsss Chansey BGS 9.5. -$850
Shadowless Poliwrath BGS 9.5. -$450
Shadowless nidoking PSA 9 -$120
Shadowless Hitmonchan PSA 9. -$100
Shadowless Gyarados PSA 9. -$110
Shadowless Machamp PSA 9. - $120
Shadowless Clefairy PSA 9. -$240

Total ~$2200 -$2400

. Thank you for your insight. I have had trade offers for this set for a fair bit more then PSA 8 1st ed Zard in the day I’ve had it UFT. I don’t see how a BGS 9.5 is wishful thinking when you say the set is worth 4k? (Which I think it’s worth more) I’ve got about $2500 of trade value cards. And have stated I can put cash on top… with the last 9.5 sale being at 6k? I’m wondering where you’re seeing this being a far off offer? Maybe a quad 9.5 is worth 10k… but I’m not asking for that. I’m asking for a 9.5. And before you say that a 9.5 zard is worth more… it’s not. It’s worth what people are willing to pay for the card… that being said, I don’t mind valuing one at above that price. Especially seeing as how my 4k set $2500 worth of shadowless holos, and cash on top is clearly more than 6k…

1 Like