Woulda, coulda, shoulda

Name all the missteps, great and small, you think Pokemon has made in regards to their TCG.

I’ll get us started:
VS series should have been reprinted in English as a HeartGold SoulSilver set. Give us that nostalgia rush with the Gym Series 2 that never quite made it over.

1 Like

Pop 5 gold stars non holo. Whyyyyy

10 Likes

Never sets having so many secretrares, rainbow rares, hyper rares, gold cards and so on. Making it a pain to collect

3 Likes

Make English exclusive cards/artwork

1 Like

Base set 2 also gave us the only printing of the holos with the cosmos holofoil. Legendary Collection was printed with the Galaxy foil. I agree Pokemon should have handled it differently.

No 1st Edition prints. Plain and simple. I want to be rewarded Pokemon company.

4 Likes

I gotta disagree with this one. Yeah it’s sad they’re not Holo, but the value would be destroyed if they were. All the Pop 5 packs would have been weighed and the population would be enormous. There are no true lottery packs in English, and Pop 5 packs are like $75 scratch offs with a 1:40 chance of a 10X+ payout. Scarcity and value-wise, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

1 Like

Bingo, seconded.

Its clear we care about different things. I care about card appeal not the value of a card.

2 Likes

How did this error go undiscovered during production? Jungle has all holo’s in a non-holo variant so it’s clear that the non-holo should have the same artwork as the holo one…

http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/1067893.jpg
(Wrong image, base set one used)

2 Likes

I second this. The problem with this saturation of everything being “rare” is that nothing is rare. If the Pokemon Company wants to have a future where kids from this current era come back, then they need to change their formula. The reason base set Charizard is so iconic is because it’s rare and it’s unique. The modern sets have so many variations that nothing can be iconic anymore. I think that they need to go back to their roots and take a “less is better” philosophy.

3 Likes

Although I agree, I’m glad they didn’t. Just the thought of getting all the English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese cards not only in non-holo and Reverse Holo, but also in 1st edition non-holo and 1st edition Reverse Holo for my collections is almost too much to bear… :sweat: :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

1st ed alone would have been enough. I highly dislike reverse holos, especially when it has a holo variant and a non holo variant.

I’m looking at you, e-series.

I personally like the Reverse Holos. Although I must admit the ‘Reverse’ Holos of the EX era were much better than the regular Reverse Holos.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Not sticking with the shadowless border!

1 Like

Shadowless cards really do look so much better than the regular copies.

Producing Full Arts. The explosion of colors often make them indistinguishable from a distance. Faddish, voguish, and modish.
Reminds me of the 1960s psychedelic era.

4 Likes

Switching to hideous 5ban graphics for rare cards instead of focusing more on background and illustration, not printing VS series in English, current amounts of secret rares, making Tropical Beach playable and unaffordable. Oh and bring back the galaxy holo pattern vs thin holo lines and bring back sparkly cards instead of reflective holo ex cards, they all look awful

9 Likes

Full Art or Hyper (RR)? Would definitely agree on the Hyper rare rainbow jazz being terrible.

I guess I’m lucky the eeveelutions are at least okay looking Hyper Rares.

1 Like

#ban5ban

3 Likes