Worthy of a BGS 9.5 possibly?

PSA new graded Charizard shadowless possible BGS upgrade? A BGS 9.5 hopefully but let me know what you guys think , also the what looks like a scratch on the holo on the bottom right was on the slab and no longer there :innocent:

3 Likes

Lucky it got a 9 in the first place. Centering is off, all corners have a white spot, and back left edge has a terrible cut.

I wouldn’t try for a 9.5, I’d be thankful its a PSA 9

12 Likes

Centering is probably max 9 subgrade so would have to hope corners hold up. Think keeping it a PSA 9 is better than hoping for a weak BGS 9.5 because I don’t think there’s any chance this gets a “true” 9.5

1 Like

its a solid 9 to me imo

6 Likes

Short answer is yes it’s possible. Good luck with it.

1 Like

long answer waste $100 to crossgrade it for bgs to send it back to you

2 Likes

They asked if it’s possible so imo yes it’s possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not getting trolled today. This is a 6-8 card, not a 9. Look at the cut on the edge

2 Likes

Solid card, I think the 9 is likely as high as it would be though. (Which is still freaking stunning!!) As far as the cut on the edge, I wonder if that is just light reflecting off of the beveled edge from the scan? If it is an actual bad cut, then it is lucky to get a PSA 9, especially with the PSA “Charizard Tax” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

6 is too low, 8 is fair, but 9 is fine imo

1 Like

grading in a nutshell

3 Likes

Yep. Hence it has a chance. Just so it’s clear I’m not impressed with most 10s I see. I’d be a harsh grader and a 10 would actually be amazing.

1 Like

I agree with others. This would most likely not get a BGS 9.5.

1 Like

will not

1 Like

Hard to know for sure. I’ve seen some pretty gnarly 9.5s before. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Only some lol. There’s a lot. If this was trying for a psa 10 it’s very slim but for bgs 9.5 totally diff story.

1 Like

BGS 9.5s mean nothing to me

I assume every BGS 9.5 is a regraded PSA 9

6 Likes

Yep, this is most often the case.

Some larger submitters on the sports forums have found that BGS 9.5s with at least two 10 subgrades have a better shot at a PSA 10, and anything less than that is almost always destined to be a PSA 9.

Of course, grading and subgrades are subjective and inconsistent so those findings may mean nothing anyway. :melting_face:

1 Like

Bingo we have a winner.

1 Like

That rough cut back left edge on its own should knock it past a 9. Take the lucky grade and run

1 Like