1st Edition Lugia sent to Beckett

Hey everyone,

I’m new here and wanted to reach out into the community to hear opinions and maybe advice.

I recently had a 1st edition Lugia opened live on PokeRevs YouTube channel. The card itself has 3 faint print lines on it. After thinking about it for multiple days, I decided to send it in to BGS for my first time. I figure I could hope/pray for a 10 or a black label with the reality of a 9.5 being better than an psa 9. I just wanted to here some thoughts on here bc if I’m not happy with the grade, I might just have it crossed over to PSA anyway.

3 Likes

I saw that card, congrats on the pull! Normally I am a PSA guy all the way, but with higher end set card like that, where there’s no chance of a PSA 10, I would send to Beckett and hope for a 9.5 quad or quad+. As long as you don’t get a 9 sub-grade you should be good!

At best you’re going to get a BGS 9.5, and that’s only if every other subgrade gets a 9.5 or higher.

Print Lines are a automatic 9 surface grade with BGS, and an automatic PSA 9 at best.

Print lines are what stop about 90% of pack fresh cards from getting a PSA 10

7 Likes

Thanks alot of your inputs. I kinda had a feeling. Although I wanted it to be a 10, those dam lines just had to be there lol.

My lugia imgur.com/a/jVCIQq1

2 Likes

It was def tough, guess I’ll be hopping for that 9.5

Little off center top and bottom, might end up with a BGS 9 with 2x 9.5 and 2x 9s, if that’s does happen cross-grade it to PSA with a minimum grade of 9.

1 Like

Yup, that will forsure be the plan. Do you think corners could get a 10? I honestly am by no means an expert and like I said, dont know what to expect from BGS

Congrats on the Lugia!! The corners look sharp so a 10 is likely. From my perspective i see no whitening at all the only thing is the print lines and the slight off centered. so you’ll probably looking at maybe a 9.5.

10 corners 10 edges and 9 the rest give or take .5 here an there

1 Like

Post a clear backside picture

I honestly cant bc I took it out of the mail and sent in straight to BGS. But there was zero Whitening. You can use The *RAREST* Pokemon Cards CAN BE FOUND Inside This $20,000 Box! (Lets Open it) - YouTube for reference at 1 hour and 16 min

3 print lines and you are hoping for a black label?

7 Likes

Let’s pray lol my assessment when I looked at it was 9.5 centering,9 surface (given info on how BGS grades print lines) 10,10

Like I said, never used BGS, I know PSA gives an allowance on print lines. And I said pray, which means lonnnnnng shot lol

You’re praying for the card to be overgraded?

7 Likes

I think most do

8 Likes

Let’s just say, fresh out of the pack, it’s not wrong to be optimistic and hope for the best

1 Like

Being optimistic is hoping it gets what it deserves;)

8 Likes

I hope you get what you deserve…

A lot of love from your family and some pumpkin cheesecake :drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Hahaha hey Gary. Realistically its prob a psa 9 or BGS 9.5. But I feel ya though lol. I just felt optimistic bc I knew psa gave an allowance on print lines, but didnt realize how strictly Beckett would dock a point for print lines, which makes sense. Who knows, still might get crossed over to PSA. I know I messaged you with which company to use, so I’m rolling the dice first time with Beckett :smile::grin:

1 Like

If it by a miracle it gets a 10 you wont be invited :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy::wink: