Worlds 2016 Signings

Hey everyone, I know how everyone’s excited about going to Worlds 2016, and I’m right there with y’all. One big thing I want to go for- besides meeting you guys from the forum- is autographs. I’ve wanted to get some of my collectibles signed by my favorite characters or illustrators. I know most of you guys have gone numerous times and know about the signing areas, so would any of y’all know who might be coming to this years? I’ve been checking Pokemon.com for updates, as I’ve said earlier, but would anyone happen to know any more info or know a better place for updates? Thanks for the help

they wont announce whos going to be there till about a week or 2 before worlds starts.then they announce whos going there. last year in Boston they changed how people got signatures. usually they have a schedule everyday for worlds on what happens like play area from 10am to closing or game room opened from 12pm to 6pm.on the last day or so of worlds for example Mr. Masuda would be there at 11:30- 12:30 then Mr. Ishihara would be there 1:00-2:30 pm and so forth. Last year apparently random people were given tickets to get autographs for Masuda, Ishihara, and Ohmori.

I’ve only gone about twice to worlds but its all fun and meeting people is the best part. Plus you do get to find some rare gems or things you need for your collection. Usually Junichi Masuda and Tsunekazu Ishihara are the main ones that go to worlds very often. but how they are doing autographs this year I have no clue but keep checking back on pokemon website

2 Likes

I will be in the area this year, and most likely head to the tournament at some point.

As for autographs, @legendslugia251 summed it up nicely. The only other factor I could add is that the lines are massive. I didn’t even bother last year.

The store at the event has awesome merchandise, a good amount unique to the event.

2 Likes

Massive as in three hours early could not get us through the line during the allotted period. Go six hours early or more.

1 Like

lol so just do what we talked about? Get there three days prior and make a campsite outside of the signing area haha

Yeah. Do that and you’ll probably get through right at the end of the line, but you’ll make it for sure.

2 Likes

Has Ken Sugimori ever been to Worlds for signing?

I dont remember if Ken Sugimori was there but I do know he does make random appearances and not many people realize hes there. camping out early doesnt really help out days early cause sometimes they might change where the autograph area would be also. but like I said idk how the structure of worlds will look like this year for autographs so its a gamble unless they have the complete list set out ASAP

1 Like

Hard to rationalize how waiting hours for an auto is worth it. Especially with all there is to do in SF and around the convention area. You can always buy one later from someone else who waited hours for a sig lol.

2 Likes

I’m not actually gonna be there waiting in line for days lol. I’ll just plan accordingly with the schedule. I’m definitely gonna do as much fun stuff as I can while I’m there lol. And I’m gonna memorize Sugimoris face and look for the guy haha

Let’s all pitch in and pay one person in here to stand in line all day and get out cards signed for us

2 Likes

I’ll do it. cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/65211540.jpg Haha