World Record Price

They just make it really hard for a guy to keep his collection intact.

19 Likes

Wow what happened didn’t one just go for like 45k

1 Like

What marketplace was this on?

Wow! What kind of buyers premium is tacked on?

heritage auctions.

When 2 people want something they have to dig deep.

Only raffles can support this kind of pricing

14 Likes

does the winning bidder have to pay an additional 20% BP on top of that 78k?

Looks like the $78k includes a buyer premium, that’s why I was curious how much it was, to determine the actual selling price of the box.

Well the actual selling price WAS 78,000.00. Yes, the 20% buyers premium is included in that amount but that doesn’t matter. The buyer paid 78k for that box.

2 Likes

Heritage Auctions. One of the biggest.

1 Like

So just to clarify, you believe this box would have sold for $78k total on any selling platform if these same buyers were involved?

WTT lungs for 1st Sealed Base Booster Box

Happy for cash your way.

2 Likes

hope they pull a sick charizard holo lol.
honestly though that is a crazy price.

Heritage Auctions is known to get high prices and very high collector’s on there. That is really the first Pokemon thing I have seen, I was debating on putting something on there.

Seller will get 65k if they negotiated no fee, buyer pays full 78k. Wild sale

Box before this sold for 43k. Weird stuff happens sometimes at auctions.

If we had to guess, how many boxes do you guys think are out there still?

Personally I think under 50 would be a good number… but who knows?

All this tells you is the buyer and others who bid it up to that, were willing to pay 78,000.00. The last Heritage box sold for 68,000.00.

Buyer of the last box for $68k USD was based in Australia and paid almost $100k AUD after fees and currency conversion, not including any import fees. Also had been only collecting for a few months - just to give you an idea of some of the potential buyers for this type of product

5 Likes