Which card do you think is the most over valued?

Which card do you think is the most over valued?

Which ever card I am trying to buy.

3 Likes

Haha! That’s hillarious

Gem mints exs that get posted up for over a hundred dollars when the ungraded one is 5-10 always irk me. People love exaggerating the value of lots of the older cards.

1 Like

I probably shouldn’t mention what I have paid for some EX cards… :wink:

But generally I agree. $5 cards are not magically worth $100-200 when graded PSA 10. Even EX cards.

1 Like

Oh i understand overpaying for stuff you really want haha, so i get you. But most people dont want to pay 80 bucks for an ex that is normally 5. That gets ridiculous at certain points.

I managed to download the original upload before the guy took it down.

For UPCCCs viewing pleasure:

On a more serious note, I have made the video unlisted so it can’t be searched on YT. If the topic of these Gold Stars comes up anywhere else, feel free to link the video to others. That goes for anybody :blush:

9 Likes

This is awesome. I went looking for this video again when the reddit thread started derailing but couldn’t find it because he’s laid a copyright claim on the listed copies. I’m glad you made a double of it too. Thanks.

if he was smart he wouldn’t show how many he had before trying to sell them

1 Like

Way to go @milhouse ! This guy must not have been thinking at all when he posted this! Why would anybody buy if the supply will never run out?!

1 Like

fool

Does that person still sell sets of the Gold Stars?

I saw 2 weeks ago an auction from him selling the goldstar dogs on a Dutch website.

The guy who has those gold stars is a friend of mine. I tried telling him it wasn’t smart to post that and he realized the mistake he made when he posted it. I understand why he was so mad and responded the way he did to people over it. He spent a very large amount for these cards and instead of trying to get people to understand his situation, he got frustrated.

having said that, he has actually done well with for what’s happened 6 months after getting it. He s been able to big trades for other cards and controlled who had access to buy it. I’m jealous of some of the trades he was able to make.

The video is a good reminder that we shouldnt be paying too much for these cards that were printed in high quantity. Do I think they should go for 40 to 50 yes do I think pop 5 should be going for 300 to 500 rarw? no. I know of 2 sources that have a huge stockpile.

What I think is more overpriced is the Japanese psa 10s. some people are trying to charge 150 to 300 for some of the newer Japanese full arts and secret rares. compared to english psa 10 I don’t think they should be worth more than double their ungraded cost. Many people grade 3-5 copies. I’m not saying anything against the sellers who take advantage of this but I just feel they are over priced for cards that almost always get 10s.

Dutch auctions for gold star dogs in large quantity are a nightmare. Two people have had to file claims because of significantly warped cards. Both times the seller deleted everything and disappeared with the money, meaning forever long PayPal claims.

I have no idea about those. I know that he had only 1 European resellers. Me and rusty were the us resellers. He had few resellers.

That guy didn’t want to do anything on paypal. He messaged me with a few cards before I saw the video with the dogs and he said he wouldn’t do paypal because people “screwed him”. I am always suspicious of people who don’t want to use the standard payment method.

Either way, how the guy acquired the cards is suspect.

3 Likes

If he told you this then he’s trying to set you up too…cause it’s not true.

Yes, he was silly the way he initially marketed them. There are others, with a much greater variety of both Jpn and English gold stars who are not so dumb.

2 Likes

To add onto the OP:

Which Booster Box do you think is the most overvalued?

Lots of English EX Series (EX TRR, Magma v. Aqua, Delta Species). Singles can be purchased for cheap, and some prices are up there with e-Series sets where each holo is worth $20+.

Dark Explorers.

I know there is the whole pack mapping thing, when a game of chance is more or less rigged the game becomes more valuable. But even with that, the relatively astronomical prices people are charging AND paying for these is insane.

There aren’t even any chase cards in it anymore because the set is rotated, and the main chase card, Darkrai, is almost non existent in the meta.

Having said that, the amount of these boxes that got opened on it’s initial release + after the pack mapping was discovered. It’ll be a hard box to find in a sealed state in 10 years.

2 Likes