What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

The wakuwaku set got me kind of obsessed with finding cards that have silhouettes of the Pokemon on the bottom.

18 Likes

Story Time [Warning: Sappy Post]

Hoenn holds such a special place in my heart. I was obsessed with Pokemon Sapphire when it came out in 2003. The newly added Pokemon, music, locations, legendaries - everything was so cool.

At this time, I had lost my copy of Pokemon Silver, lost my Pokemon card collection, and no longer had a reliable system that would play Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow. So, needless to say, Pokemon Sapphire was one of the only connections that I still had to the hobby throughout the mid-to-late-2000s.

Fast forward to 2014, Nintendo announces the release of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. At that time, I didn’t own a Nintendo 2DS/3DS (still don’t), so I revisited my original Pokemon Sapphire on the Nintendo DS.

I was flooded with nostalgia.

I began to watch the Gen 1 anime/movies again, and I picked up the most recent anime/movies at the time (XY-era) to learn about the Pokemon in Kalos. Without Pokemon Sapphire, I don’t know that I would have reentered the hobby multiple times over the past two decades.

Today I am so happy to have finally added the Hoenn Gold Stars from EX Team Rocket Returns to my collection. :face_holding_back_tears: :heart:

TL;DR: I have a lot of nostalgia for Hoenn, so completing this milestone means a lot to me.

71 Likes

HUGE congrats, Dyl! :partying_face::tada::champagne:

2 Likes

Super sweet. Congratulations @Dyl . The cards are lovely and it’s a great compliment to your collection journey.

Cheers!

1 Like

Congrats @Dyl! Beautiful cards and great story. I love this hobby because it helps keep memories like this alive.

1 Like

Thank you @SeasidePokemon, @mrbubbles, and @codytcas for the kind words! :smiley:

1 Like

Another big Neo hit! Nice little swirl by his head. Ho-oh was my fav as a child when playing Pokemon Gold, definitely a cool bird :bird: :

29 Likes

Hello! I’ve been selling a lot of PSA 9 EX era cards in hopes of upgrading to some BGS 9.5’s and PSA 10’s. This is by far my favorite era as this is what I grew up with. Here is my most recent grab! Absolutely love this cards artwork.

25 Likes

I rarely share my purchases, but I recently completed a big milestone with this Gyarados:

…it is the last Gold Star I was missing for my collection:

Most of them are in German (which is my first language), while some are in English. The conditions range from near mint to heavily played (the Rayquaza is pretty beat up for example), so I might swap some of them out in the future. But for now I am just super happy to have completed this goal which took me around two years :slight_smile:

44 Likes

Super nice. Not many can claim to have finished the whole Goldstars set. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

Love that card - great addition. Really cool to see all the gold stars together!

1 Like

Aron is one of my favorite stage 1 Pokemon. Way back in the day during my original playthrough of Ruby, I got one from Granite Cave that quickly became my favorite Pokemon of Gen 3. I thought I would start slowly collecting the Aron line hence this purchase from my favorite TCG artist:

20 Likes

Got myself a froggy little guy for the binder! And Oddish helping with photoshooting again :potted_plant: :blush:

I’ve never realized Politoed is actually quite powerful with the potential of a 120 HP attack. He could wipe out base Charizard in one go with that cool Pokémon Power (of friendship).

19 Likes

Very thankful to have finally finished this binder page. Was just lacking the Bad Fearow. I did keep putting completing this set off for quite a while but it was surprising how hard it was to come across a decent copy of the GB Fearow. The card looks very lovely in person. This was an extremely beautiful and fun set to finish.

Cheers!

32 Likes

Nice! I’ve thought about collecting Aron too. Eventually….haha

1 Like

Plenty of Aron cards to go around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fearow is everybody’s last GB card, it’s release is very limited by comparison! It was my last as well =)

3 Likes

Very underrated legendary.

16 Likes

It’s that time of the week again…

58 Likes

I actually did this collecting goal back in 2021. It was enjoyable and pretty affordable if you’re buying raw. I started with just EX era and later extended it to every printed Aron/Lairon/Aggron card. There aren’t a ton of cards for this line.

Graded is another matter though, especially for the early EX series reverse holos. @zorloth could chime in on that with authority like he did for me, but essentially the pops are VERY low for both mint raw and high graded reverse foils from RS, Sandstorm, and TMTA. Honestly the graded pop for EX era Aron line is probably pretty low in general, except the 2 Aggron EX.

Either way, so stoked to see a fellow steely boi appreciator here! Best gen 3 pokemon ever, and Aggron is consistently a party staple for me in every game he’s obtainable. Good luck with the endeavor!

1 Like