What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

19 Likes

If you follow the buy section of this forum, you might have noticed I recently picked up a PSA 9 Charizard from @milad101. It was the last card I needed to finish off one of my favorite sets, which is the Shadowless base set holo. FYI I’m too dumb to take a picture that fits all the cards in one photo, but they are legit I promise:

37 Likes

Just added this banned card to my collection. Thrilled to own this and have a new rarest banned card in my collection!

No Rarity Jynx: Pop 8

13 Likes

Great phone card, congrats! Such an amazing artwork, and not just because of the shiny Charizard.

But I have to ask, are those red nails yours Chris, or @masonkampe’s? :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Just received this cat having a bad dream.

Starting clockwise, dreaming about:

• Butterfree

• Geodude

• Charizard

• Nidoking/Nidoqueen (?)

• Gengar/Starmie (?)

• Ditto (?)

• Lapras

• Golbat

• Growlithe/Eevee (?)

• Bulbasaur

Is there any old-back Pokémon card containing more species than this one? I can only think of “Pokémon March” from Neo Genesis being quite close with 8 species.

9 Likes

Looking at the English cameos thread, apparently not. There are a few with 8 Pokémon featured, but that Meowth promo with 10 is the most for the WotC era.

The card with the most Pokémon in a single artwork is the Japanese Art Academy Gourgeist, with 33 Pokémon in the artwork. The SM231 Champions Festival promo from 2019 is a close second with 29 featured Pokémon.

Greetz,
Quuador

I was on a little bit of a vacation so I had the card mailed off to a girl in the neighborhood. I’ve been too lazy than to take a proper photo of it yet.

1 Like

I have been buying a few spiderman - Venom cards here and there just for the fun of it and nostalgia. I also won some new Duel Masters cards on the PWCC. Won 2 9s and one 8 for 30 dollar for all three so im happy with that. Not the biggest fan of that artwork tbf but its cool to own. Gonna dive more into Duel Masters for nostalgia and if anyone have been keeping up with the cards I would love to chat about it :blush:

12 Likes

My 82nd PSA 10 Pichu, which according to the tracking details has departed Seattle Distribution Center 3 times so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Assuming it actually leaves Seattle and gets to me safely, this completes my PSA 10 mini-set as I’ve already got the English regular and reverse holofoil versions in PSA 10 along with the unlimited Japanese card in PSA 10. Considering this and the unlimited Japanese version are the only two to have been graded by PSA and the English reverse PSA 10 is pop 1 I think that’s a nice little achievement.

15 Likes

It’s actually Butterfree, Geodude, Charizard, Pikachu, Staryu, Jigglypuff, Lapras, Golbat, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur. And the author of this card? Kunihiko Yuyama–the executive director of the Pokemon Anime! These were all Pokemon owned by the main characters of the Original Series (Kanto - Johto) Pokemon Anime–the exception being Jigglypuff, who was a recurring wild Pokemon. All of these Pokemon are giving Meowth nightmares because they have been the source of Team Rocket’s defeat dozens upon dozens of times! This is, in fact, “Team Rocket’s Meowth”!

(This also explains why we see Golbat depicted in the card instead of Zubat. This card was initially released in October of 1999 in Japan, but Brock’s Zubat didn’t evolve in the anime until September of 2000. But who better to have foreknowledge of a Pokemon anime evolution than the executive director himself? One could even say this card was the earliest tease for Brock’s Zubat evolving!)

1 Like

I’m extremely impressed with these little cardboard envelopes. Anyone know where to find these???

6 Likes

Had it mailed to pokichloe? :rofl:

Im digging these cards :blush:

2 Likes

35 Likes

I like base 2 Holo patterns and SGC are cheap :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

Picked this up last night in auction

18 Likes

The start of (what i hope) will end up being my long term goal of psa 9 / 10 gengar master collection

14 Likes

24 Likes

One of my favourite cards ever.

Is this the only old-back JP card that has the text displayed in three colours (blue, black, red)?

19 Likes

@martinb never noticed the blue coloured text, that’s pretty cool! Can’t say I’ve ever searched for multi-cloroured text, but I don’t know of any other old-back card off the top of my head. Congrats on the purchase!

1 Like