What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

@supersaiyanampharos, I love seeing awesome cards like that for the first time!

1 Like

Man this thread is making my bum clench! Some awesome cards. Poor old me just purchased a LP base Venusaur for my binder.

Gotta step up my game.

2 Likes

Really liked this prerelease Kanga art

16 Likes

Just got this Pichu in the mail today. Super happy with the holo bleed on it; absolutely love this card. Pictures never do these justice.

9 Likes

@shockerb37 - beautiful bleed and nice swirl too!

I just picked up a Base Blastoise today for ~$50. I’d call it LP-NM, so I think I walked away with a decent deal. Also bought a Shadowless red cheek Pikachu for a nickel.

1 Like

@traineroflegend, Just bought a Pikachu Lv x too. Not sure about the other card. What is it called?

It’s Pikachu M from a Movie Commemoration Pack. The Bulbapedia article has all the specifics: m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_M_(Movie_Random_Pack_12)

1 Like

The 012/022 Pikachu is from the Movie Commemoration Random Pack. (If you search for pikachu 012/022 on eBay you’ll find quite a bunch of them. I’ll probably have at least ten of them somewhere in my duplicated stack as well, although most are lightly played.)

EDIT: Ah, @traineroflegend beat me to it by 2 minutes, haha. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

Thanks to fellow E4 member, modestmudkip, I was able to purchase/trade for a booster box of my absolute all-time favorite set, which just happens to have my two favorite Pokemon on it! Aside from my complete sets, the centerpiece of my collection.

17 Likes

Nice, I’ve only ever seen one other holo bleed Neo Genesis Pichu and it was on a 1st Edition copy (which I tried to buy at the time for $35 but the seller was in the US and outright refused to ship to the UK :sob: ).

1 Like

Ah that’s a bummer :slightly_frowning_face: It’s been pretty tough tracking these down, that’s for sure. Most people who list them on eBay don’t realize that they’re holo bleeds, which can make it hard to tell. This Pichu was listed as just an ordinary Neo Genesis holo, but you could see the bleed in the picture even with unfavorable lighting.

Poketour 1999 pikachu

www.ebay.com/itm/143684277119

4 Likes

I actually didn’t know about these. Very cool!

1 Like

OK, don’t have anyone else to tell so here I am.

Just purchased my first slab! Got a Shining Gyarados 1st Ed. PSA 8.

It feels great but I can’t wait to open that bad boy up lol.

10 Likes

If you want to know about ALL Base Pikachu variations, I’ve made this article: www.elitefourum.com/t/base-pikachu-artwork-card-variations/15059/1 :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

Domino’s Pizza Slowpoke PSA 10. Would love to pick the others up but they’ll be hard to find.

7 Likes

Managed to find a mint condition censored Magmortar from Dragon Blade (Dragons Exalted) and it arrived today :blush:
Whilst on my hunt for this card i found that Magmortar has had some pretty cool artwork over the years.

6 Likes

OK this set me back a pretty penny. I am done buying for a month … or two.

18 Likes

Took forever to find the Mewtwo in English in a PSA 10. Only pop 27. Such an amazing undervalued item. The Charizard in here is only pop 20 :0.

11 Likes

OK, those are SICK! Are they solely Japanese promos?

Mind if I ask how much they cost you & conditioning? I want some lol.

1 Like