Whats your favourite fossil set pokemon?

Magmar gets my vote

8 Likes

Magmar fossil beats magmar base definitely.

My common choice has to be Omanyte. Uncommon is impossible, Fossil has the most consistent, omnipotence-tier uncommon section ever.
A slight edge to Weezing or Gastly, maybeā€¦or Golduckā€¦or Cloysterā€¦see?! Impossible.

2 Likes

Omnipotence for uncommons is so apt what a great choice of word.

1 Like

Definitely Dragonite for me, no competition

3 Likes

Iā€™m normally not into cute poses, but Iā€™ve never even considered not having this card as my favorite, with the possible exception of Kabutops. I remember lusting after it for so many years, I donā€™t think I ever had the holo version as a kid. Few people did.

Itā€™s strange how that happens, when neither you or your friends ever pull the one card considered to be the best. Happened with pretty much every set in my gang except for Jungle which didnā€™t really have that unquestionable #1 card that everyone was after. Itā€™s not like people traded them away for irresistible deals or sold them for money either, they just didnā€™t pull them.

1 Like

Beautiful thread, thank you! My all time favourite evolution line is Geodude - Graveler - Golem which is also my pick for the Fossil set.

5 Likes

This thread is looking good because of all your wonderful contributions. Great pics and lovely words. :blush:

1 Like

I agree with Omanyte being #1 for me for the Fossil set as well. As you said, love the colors.

The Krabby and Kingler are both a close second.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Letā€™s see if we can find at least one person for every card in the set. Weā€™ve got quite a few currentlyā€¦

Iā€™ve always loved this card. Growing up I also thought Golduck was water/psychic because of the anime.

7 Likes

My longest thread lol made it to page 3. Love the claws on golduck.

2 Likes

As a kid I thought having multiple types of energy was cool. I would have put together the least competitive deck. :blush:

4 Likes

Cloyster is my favourite PokĆ©mon so obviously itā€™s the card I choose. But when I saw Cloyster for the first time in card form I was so disappointed that it only has 50HP.

Kagemaru Himeno did an excellent job with the artwork IMO, the yellow background really contrast with Cloysterā€™s purple shell.

6 Likes

There isnā€™t going to be a clear fav lol. Such varied responses is actually the best result. :blush:

All the cards in Fossil are great, but thereā€™s something nostalgic about holo gengar.

2 Likes

I was so glad when Gengar was revealed as a kid. The fact he was also cgi to finish out the trio was great!

1 Like

Fossil Articuno is so chonky but still one of my favourite WOTC cards

And Dragonite

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised the absolute kings of the set havenā€™t been mentioned but i guess people just skipped the obvious answer of grimer and muk and went for next best choices :thinking:

1 Like

They have been mentioned.
How could I not have them among my favorites :wink:

2 Likes