What would you value a BGS 9.5 Venusaur

Yes. If you’re cracking BGS 9.5’s and converting them to PSA9’s, that is indeed “silly you”.

BGS 9.5 sells for higher than PSA9 almost completely across the board. Anyone trying to deflect/derail their previous statement and taking it to subgrades is grasping at straws. Even if a subgrade is a 9, some subgrades are higher than 9. Hence the overall card getting a higher than 9 grade, hence it commanding a higher pricepoint, naturally, within the market. You can’t argue opinion on this vs fact. Market prices can be looked up for BGS 9.5 grades vs PSA 9 grades on card after card. If you want to be stubborn and dig deep, I’m sure you’ll find an outlier. But it’s an outlier.

Most indubitably! Right o my dear professor! Pip pip and all that

It’s all about the subgrades for me. ORRRRRRRR not, and that’s ok, too, if you want to pay up for BGS 9.5 and say, “GENGAR, DUDE, EVERYONE’S DOING IT, MAN,” then yay! Charlie winning, go Tiger blood! But call me Agent Smith I just need me some me me me, Chris! OP said he’s got a 9 on the corner. If it’s me me me, I’m putting a 9 on the corner OR surface as a PSA 9. That simple. If I’m in the minority as I mentioned that I probably am, then yay! that whole Tiger Blood win thing for everyone else. Hugs all around.

NOW, if you want to talk about a BGS 9.5 with a 9 on the centering with 10/9.5 on the surface/corners, sub that baby doll in and get yerself some PSA 10 comps brother love! And that, I HAVE done. Crackalackadblasted that BGS open and got meeself a ferreal 10! I have ALSO cracked a 9 corner, 9 surface and run that BGS 9.5 right…into…the Niner Niner pants on fire. GASP. Should I have just loved the BGS I was with? I hear some people even crack 9s for binders! What is the world coming to? See, were not so far apart, are we? OK, maybe we are. But isn’t one of you…and me…enough? Friends??

C’mon, “crackalackadblasted that BGS open” did nothing for you?? Nothing?? Harsh man harsh. Lighten your load ‘for you get old, son.

Maybe I’m naïve, but I don’t believe many people have compared in person PSA 10 to BGS 9.5 of various sub grades of the same holo card. I’ve compared PSA 10 1st Raichu to BGS 9.5 quad+ 1st Raichu. Both cards were perfect except the BGS had slightly more perfect centering. Yes this is only one data point. We need more.

Thanks guys. I made the trade. I can see that there is no real consensus on the value of the card. I traded my BGS 9.5 1st ed Venusaur for a PSA 9 1st ed Venusaur, PSA 9 Unlimited Charizard, PSA 9 1st ed Lass, and $1600 cash. The BGS 9.5 looked better than most of the 10s that I currently have.

3 Likes

I think you won that trade

3 Likes

You traded a likely equivalent psa 9, for an actual psa 9 plus all those goodies, and cash…nicely done imo!

what are the subgrades on that bgs venusaur?

who is going to summon dblast? this is another bgs thread.

Twhoops.

Hell yeah! Nice trade

Great trade I feel you got the better end of that

So based on the items you received I estimate the values at: psa 9 1st venusaur ~$2,850 , psa 9 unlimited zard ~$750 , psa 9 1st lass ~$300 plus $1,600 cash so roughly $5,500 in trade value. Based on that valuation I’m assuming your card was a quad + or maybe a quad since I saw a psa 10 1st venusaur sell for $7.5k but I’m not sure if the sale was confirmed.
Also @kpod , while there is no definitive rule that says 9.5s are better and should be worth more than psa 9s, they almost always are. I mainly only follow high end cards but for the most part 9.5s even with a 9 subgrade sell for significantly more than a psa 9. So based on what I’ve seen, I don’t agree with your statement that, “If any one is a 9, at best it’s valued at PSA 9 pricing.” Full disclosure I only own one bgs 9.5 so don’t really care what the value is lol, just stating what I’ve seen in the market.

As we see more and more people priced out of psa 10s and move to psa 9s it would also make sense that some of those people would be satisfied with a bgs 9.5 that sells at a significant discount to a psa 10. There will always be two sides: one happy with the 9.5 and the other thinking 9.5s (especially weak ones) are just glorified 9s and not worth the premium. When it comes down to it it’s just buyer preference

1 Like

I feel like I didn’t do to bad. Considering that I bought the card for $780 last September.

1 Like

@whiterabbit now that’s a great return on investment lol! What were the subgrades of the 9.5 you sold? Either way a good trade most likely