What value would you place on a Shadowless Blastoise 9.5?

What would you value a shadowless blastoise 9.5 at?

Too vague of a question.

We need subgrades to give a better guesstimate.

GMA 9.5?

5 Likes

Probably $1000 or so, but I agree we would need to see the card and subs.

You’re asking for the one you just pulled? I would shoot for a PSA 10. If you fail, try your luck with BGS.

2 Likes

With a BGS 9.5 grade the sub grades matter so much. The spectrum is so wide on the 9.5’s in value. If it has two 10’s and two 9.5’s you are talking about near grail stuff. Truly special and extremely rare.

2 Likes

And with 2x 10s and 2x 9.5s, a very possible PSA 10 crossover. A potential buyer will pay a premium if they are trying for that as well

On the other end of the spectrum though, if you have a BGS 9.5, with all subgrades being 9.5 with a 9 surface, you probably won’t see too high a price above the average PSA 9

1 Like

I think OP is asking as they just pulled one out of a pack. They mentioned centering isn’t perfect in their other thread.

IMO PSA is less harsh on centering so I’d go for the 10. With Beckett, if he gets a 8.5-9 centering, it will be very hard getting more than a 9.

3 Likes

Centering is the most important grade imo. A 9.5 with the subgrade 9 for centering and 9.5 or better subgrades for the rest could cross grade into PSA 10.

1 Like

I agree even with psa 10s. I prefer the card to look aesthetically pleasing on the front with perfect centering. If the back has small white spots that’s fine imo

I should rephrase that.

It’s the least consequential factor. PSA gives out 10s to cards with bad centering all the time.

But yeah, centering is more important to me than a small knick on the back of a card. I’m passing up collection goals all the times because I refuse to spend 4 figures on badly centered cards.

1 Like