What would you rather have?

What would you rather have in your collection ?

• 1st edition
  • No rarity

0 voters

PSA 9 1st edition Charizard :

OR

PSA 9 Japanese No Rarity Charizard :

Would love too know what the community would prefer

Also there value doesn’t matter just your preference on what you would rather own

This isn’t a no rarity symbol Charizard. It has an incorrect label.

I would honestly prefer neither. There are so many better ways for me to spend that amount of money in the hobby. But if you forced me to choose, I would pick the English 1st Ed copy.

5 Likes

PSA 9 1st edition Charizard all day every day.

6 Likes

assuming I’m selecting in a vacuum and ignoring other variables, it’s english charizard solely because nostalgia is a hell of a drug. can’t beat that feeling of going to the card shop as a kid & hoping you’d pull one.

1st ed base Charizard. English is my priority, so having the most expensive set card completed, in psa 9 no less, would be a great burden lifted off my shoulders. If I already had the Charizard, I’d still go for that over the no rarity if im being honest.

1 Like

I can’t even trust psa labels anymore :joy:

I feel like my urge of getting the no rarity Charizard will slowly go away as the more I see how nostalgic the 1st Ed is the less I want the no rarity :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Was it just me or do you remember never seeing 1st edition base packs at stores ? Most of the other sets yes but base set , I never remembered seeing them for sale

Thus far 1st edition is winning for sure

1st ed

No rarity as I only collect JP cards.

1 Like

I collect Japanese, but first edition or shadowless is an exception where English did it better. The vibrant colors and clean shadowless border really set it apart.

3 Likes

In reality I would go for either promos/prize cards first or even MTG alpha before these.

However if choice were constrained it would be the the 1st Ed Charizard. As others have mentioned earlier, the deep saturation and hue really does stand out to me

1 Like

Between the two choices, I would personally go for No Rarity, since I only collect Japanese.

Same sentiment as above. If I had the funds to buy either of the 2 zards, I would just skip both all together and get some of the high end Japanese promos.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I only collect Japanese cards but given the choice i would choose the English version of this card every time.

1 Like

WotC Charizard looks so impotent with its flames buried in the foil layer. I really hate it. Breaks my heart.

Japanese is the card I prefer.

1 Like

No rarity. The reason why 95% of the time I buy Japanese is because in my eyes they’re the original. Japan is the mecca to this whole thing, so I gotta go with that.

2 Likes

No Rarity all day

1 Like

I’d take the 1st Ed since it’s such a special card in English collecting, but the No Rarity is still really cool too.

1 Like

No idea why this is such a common thing to mislabel. I can SEE the rarity symbol, it’s right there! Happens on eBay listings a lot too.

Honestly, No Rarity. Feel like the 1st Edition is kind of overhyped at this point, but having one of the first prints ever (aka JP) would be cooler imo.