What would you rather have?

I primarily collect Japanese, so I’d pick the no rarity Charizard. I think the 1st edition stamp is cooler, more striking and memorable (in my view a ‘safer’ investment) than the lack of rarity symbol, but for me the concept of owning the most hyped card from the very first print of the TCG outweighs it. I guess the investment angle comes to mind because like others, I probably wouldn’t own the card by choice!

No rarity. Lower pop and its the true “1st edition”, the OG zard.

You’re saying the safest investment is 1st Ed or no rarity ?

1st ed. Ultimately who knows, but I feel like the draw of the 1st edition stamp will always be greater than the technical 1st print of the no rarity symbol.

1 Like

No rarity is not nearly as liquid as English 1st base unless you run an auction. So if you’re looking at it from an investment standpoint, remember down the road you’ll actually have to be able to sell the card at some point.

e.g.

But for the actual question, I choose the 1st edition. Not because it’s worth more or I prefer English over Japanese (usually the other way around actually), but simply because I like the look and colors of the Shadowless Charizard a lot more over the other versions (which is also why I bought a Shadowless Charizard alongside my two other favorite Charizard cards a few years back).

Although tbf, if someone would gift me either of these two PSA-9 Charizard right now, I’d sell it. :person_shrugging:

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

Yeah I’m seeing much more people prefer the 1st Ed than the No rarity and it makes sense that the 1st edition would sell much more easily even if it were valued less

I’m actually surprised to be honest …

I thought the No rarity would be winning by a long shot :laughing:

It feels like no rarity is solely being propped up in value by a select few Japanese IG influensters who hold large positions in the cards.

What would you get instead of the zard?

You mean like the Japanese Trophy collectors like Dubsy , Hadoukenido for example ? I follow those two and they do post a whole bunch of Japanese cards but like the ones most could never have :laughing:

I actually never really knew about the No rarity until I saw a little post from I believe Dubsy that explained it’s rarity , still though makes sense why most would want the 1st edition more 100%

I do think that the 1st edition may be the smarter move for investing too

Also I think I would take the 1st Ed no question between the two.

But if I had that kind of money to spend on a card I would get the highest grade of a black lotus in ABU or a an amazing Spider-Man #1 in the highest grade possible

Right now at this exact moment? I would buy a PSA 9 Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios Gold Star. That’s $16K well-spent.

1 Like

That’s a wild trio :fire:

Also I feel like I’ve seen a lot of people after those three recently

There have been some notable EX Deoxys gold star sales on PWCC over the past few months.

1 Like

With possibly a couple thousand left over if you got all those for 16k :partying_face::partying_face:

1st Ed is more liquid, No rairty is less since it’s more niche (usually for the high grades 9-10 it’s the same pool of buyers)

The 10 prices are somewhat comparable, No rarity 9s and below are usually less than 1st Ed.

Really ? I just want too clarify because maybe I am reading your comment wrong , are you saying that psa 9 1st edition Charizard is higher in price that psa 9 no rarity Japanese Charizard ?

PSA 9 NR Zard is currently selling for higher than PSA 9 1st Ed Charizard. 1st Ed Zard is between $20-25k, NR Zard is a bit more than that as the moment.

Yeah that’s what I thought lol