Given today’s market price-Would you rather?

If you had to choose one- which side of the trade would you be on?:

Side 1:
1999 WOTC 1st edition Charizard psa10

Or

Side 2:

Every other card in the 1999 WOTC 1st edition set in PSA 10
( all 102 remaining cards- a complete set minus Zard).

I ask because the last two set breaks had 1 sale with zard just under 50% of the remaining set price and 1 sale with zard just over 50% of the remaining set price.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

1 Like

Chorizord for me. But I don’t really collect that set, I would still love to own an English 1ed someday.

@matthewevan Personally, I’d rather have the Charizard. The collector in me would want as many artworks as possible, but the Charizard is probably a once-in-a-lifetime acquisition at this point. Plus, tracking down the others would be a fun goal.

Charizard, its unobtainable.

I like this Answer- putting the set together is a fun hobby journey.

Side 2. Will get more cards and I think the return of investment will be safer.

1 Like

I’d pick Charizard. Not to mention way easier to sell than the other option if you had to.

#2, charizard is lame tbh

1 Like

I’d pick the whole set in psa 9 plus cash. Then spend that cash regrading a bunch of them to cgc or bgs 9.5s and psa 10s.

If I had to take one of those two options I’d take the zard because selling 1 card is easier than selling 102. Then I could do what I said above still.

3 Likes

Charizard for me. Would be too hard to say no to that thing.

Definitely #2

No way I wouldn’t take the set. Just get a lower grade charizard

5 Likes

I would take a 1st Base Chansey, or Blastoise, or even Poliwrath in 10 over a Charizard, but I’m not in it for the money, only the glory.

2 Likes

As an investment? Charizard

For joy as a collector? The rest of the set

1 Like

#1 Charizard

So I can sell it and get more Gyarados.

6 Likes

I’ll take the zord, then sell to buy a master key

The charizard has appreciated far more then the other holos during this boom and the last four years.

Today

Charizard 1st Ed - 350k
Blastoise 1st Ed - 35k (10%)
Venusaur 1st Ed - 22k (6.2%)

Early 2020

Charizard 1st Ed - 40k
Blastoise 1st Ed - 6-7k (15-17.5%)
Venusaur 1st Ed 4k (10%)

2017 Peak

Charizard 1st Ed - 18K
Blastoise 1st Ed - 9K (50%)
Venusaur 1st Ed - 5.5k (30%)

You are probably wondering what happened since 2017 right? So am I? Any insight from veterans will be appreciated.

How did Blastoise drop from an approximate 50% portion to a 10% portion of the zard and a venusaur from 30% in 2017 down to 6.2% in 2020

How is it that the Zard appreciated 19X while the Blastoise appreciated 4X and Venusaur 4X since the 2017 peak.

Figures are rough and off the top of my head and are only an estimate and might be inaccurate. Please refer to PSA data for more pricing info!

Blastoise, Chansey and Venusaur together accounted for more in total value then charizard back in 2017, so what happened to those norms? How did charizard climb to 50% of the set value?

I think the chances of upside on the other holos on today’s market are far higher - just my opinion and I can be wrong, but I have fully taken this risk and will continue to! From a value investing perspective, no doubt the other holos.

1 Like

Charizard, then I could easily fit it inside a safe within a safe within a safe within a safe

3 Likes

I was about to say the same, but with Gyrados replaced with “Pikachu, and a house” :relieved:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes