Advice: What would you let go?

Hey all,
So recently something has come up with the house I’m getting built… pretty much I’m going to need a bit of extra cash in the next little while and will probably have to let go one of my 3 most expensive cards/sets as hard as it will be (as well as quite a few lower valued cards). The 3 cards/sets are below. Damn life getting in the way of collecting Pokémon cards haha.

1. 1st Edition Base Charizard PSA 9 (thin stamp- light edgewear at back)
  2. 1st Edition Base Blastoise PSA 10 (thick stamp- virtually flawless, strong 10 imo)
  3. Unlimited Base Holo 1-16 Set PSA 10

So my questions are: What do you see the most potential in value wise? 1st ed Base rose a lot last year. I believe it will continue but is unlimited 10s going to get this same rise at some point? What will likely rise more out of charizard 9 and blastoise 10 in the next couple of years?
What would you keep? What would you sell?

EDIT: I know the approx value of each. Im referring more to increases/decreases in current day price not comparing them price wise if that makes sense.

On a side note I’ve put up quite a few psa 6/7/8s up today on eBay. A buyer whose account is located in the US wants to buy a few but the delivery address is in Portugal. Anything to worry about here? Or are there any countries I shouldn’t be sending to (I feel like such an expert buyer on eBay but not so much as a seller ha!)?

Thanks in advance to anyone for their input :blush:

I’d get rid of the unlimited

5 Likes

I would sell the PSA 10 Unlimited set since first edition is like the T206 of Pokemon and honestly I see the greatest amount of growth (dollar amount wise) in first edition. I believe that this trend will only continue going into the future. Just my 2¢

1 Like

I would get rid of the unlimited, and if I come up short, the charizard.

Yeh good point. I wonder if there’s any alt views to this as I’m open to different perspectives. Maybe blastoise will stabalise? (more likely will go to the moon and never return ha)

So you would hang on to the blastoise in front of the charizard?

That and PSA 10 1st Ed charizard are literally the only two cards I would hold over a PSA 9 1st ed charizard – that’s my thought at least. I see the 10 blastoise growing much faster than the 9 charizard. Other members might disagree, tho.

Yup I would prefer the Blastoise over the Zard

1 Like

I would drop the unlimited base set as well, best of luck :blush:

@cman @acebren Yeh I think you’re right. There does seem to be an endless supply of zard 9s hitting eBay and a base 10 is pretty special… specially a blastoise

@mistercrunch
Thanks, it seems the consensus at this point!

Unlimited Base holos for me.

Overall, our postal service works very good. Customs is different. Everything above 25€ (including shipping) will get hammered.

Just insure for your safety, if you think it’s necessary :blush:

EDIT: Portuguese tracking numbers do not update in Australia, maybe yours can’t update here because of difference in the tracking codes and the machines, though I am only supposing.

Blastoise is the oldest mintest and rarest so I wouldn’t sell it

Between unlimited and psa 9 zard, I’m would lean towards selling the unlimited because zard is deep in a buyers market right now with so many copies available - doesn’t feel strategic to sell

I think your best bet to get rid of the Unlimiteds like many others said! PSA 10 unlimited Charizard itself is listed between 2-3k on ebay! :grin:

1 Like

Unload unlimited!

1 Like

All very good advice. Thank you all for your time.

@sgbased you’re right there just seems to be so many psa 9 zards selling. Not to long ago it hit $7000 and now it’s back down to $5000-$5500

@styluspt thanks for that info! Ive only sent one thing to Europe (Italy) and it didn’t go too smoothly. So I’m a bit cautious sending to countries I haven’t before. When the $800 (complete shadowless NM set) package arrived at the buyer’s customs office he messaged me saying the importing fees are too expensive and he can’t afford to pick it up…lol From then on I’ve made to include that eBay ‘international buyers please note…’ passage about the buyer paying import fees.

1 Like

That reminds me 2 days ago a 4 feedback ebayer from Norway asking to buy $1500 worth of cards and having me declare the package as 40 euros gift. lol

At least they asked in that case, so I can’t really blame them. I know all about expensive customs.

Good luck to you! It sucks to be in that situation, but most of us have to part with some our beloved Pokemon cards for one reason or another… It would definitely be wise to keep the PSA 9 Zard. It will go back up soon enough. I don’t know your exact situation, but I’d personally list all the Unlimited 10 holos and save the Zard for last if you really need that extra $2k. The full holo set doesn’t seem to bring a premium so selling them individually would be the best way to go IMO.

sgpratte :grin:

1 Like

Unload unlimited and sell them seperately.

What dollar amount you need?
For what period of time?

1 Like