Advice: What would you let go?

5 Likes

The friendly loan might be the way to go. Put the cards up for direct sale at ~ 80% to 85% of typical Ebay sales price. If you are taking a loan you can buy them back (price depending on how long the loan is out). Or the buyer gets them at what you would have receieved net of fees.

I think its a toss up between the Unlimited 10s and the Charizard 9. Neither is likely to increase as fast as the Blastoise 10. 1st edition is better than Unlimited, but 10’s tend to increase faster than 9s, unless a ton of new 10s show up, or the grading of the 10s is suspect.

Where do you put the Blastoise price today and where will it be in a year.

the blastoise and charizard are about equal in terms of growth percentage. ALWAYS look at percentage, not absolute amount.

Definitely sell unlimited. Less growth overall there.

I’ll avoid a loan if I can. @garyis2000 Looking at probably around 4k in the next 5 weeks on top of what I’ve already accounted for in terms of wages. I have put a few other cards up for sale so I might be able to get away with selling something smaller. @poken00b88 @1by1collector never thought about splitting up the set… might be a good idea and I could hang on to some of my favs (especially Mewtwo).

@hammr7 I think the 10s have a lot of potential too… I kind of like having the perfect version of a card too… and even better having a whole set!

I’m just thinking worst case, I don’t wanna let go of the wrong thing if not necessary and everyone’s opinion is welcomed and valued.

@yz2428
You’re right. Percentage is key!

Lol if your only concern is money… Get it fast sell zard.

If your concern is having nice psa 10 perfection sell the zard.

If your concern is having a nice set to display. Sell zard and Blastoise and keep the unlimited set. And say f##k you to the greed and monetary fixation society places upon everything these days and keep what is actually a nostalgic and a cool item to you personally; which you may of grown up with.

I don’t know…
They are all nice items man… It’s too hard to choose haha…

What did you decide?

@kkthxbai
Was actually about to update this for anyone interested. So I found out that the bank made my deposit available as surplus money… which meant I was all good and then some. Only thing is I put up the unlimited 10 Charizard on eBay and it sold literally the day before I found this out (sold in 3 days from what I remember).

So I didn’t sell the Blastoise PSA 10 or Charizard PSA 9 1st editions and I managed to keep most of the unlimited set, which is awesome because it’s something I wanna planning to hang onto. As for the charizard I sold? I might just wait a little while to get that one back.

Thanks for all of the help and advice it was much appreciated :blush:

3 Likes

unlimited

1 Like

Which cards are going to be the hardest ones to buy back when you have the money to do so?

Which cards are going to be the easiest to re-obtain?

The 1st edition 'zard would probably be the hardest to re-obtain. The PSA 10 Blastoise would also be difficult. Anything in PSA 10 will be difficult.

That’s the catch-22 here. The most valuable stuff is going to be the hardest to buy back later.

Nah, 1st Edition Charizard has hundreds of 9s. There are always 10 or so on eBay with best offer. Blastoise not only has a higher grade (he says it’s a near flawless example of the card as well) but its population is around 70 if I remember correctly. This card is going to disappear before Charizard 9 in my opinion.

To sum up:

1st Edition Base PSA 10 Blastoise
1st Edition Base PSA 9 Charizard
Everything else