Time to get out, What would you keep?

Hey Everyone,

Haven’t been on here in awhile and have decided its time to move onto other things, Going to keep one set or thing out of my collection but not sure which at the moment.

What would you keep out of these items?

1st Ed Base Set Booster packs (Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur)
1st Ed Base Set NM-M Binder Set (one PSA card, PSA 7 Charizard) set is complete
1999 Pokemon Base Set Unlimited Complete in PSA 10
1st Edition & Unlimited NM-M Jungle Set
1st Edition & Unlimted NM-M Fossile Set
Base Set 2 NM-M set Complete
Evolutons NM-M Set Complete (Includes all 4 Staff and pre-Release Cards)

A few things in my collection and many more but those are the significant ones Id say.

Guessing more are going to obviously say 1st Ed base set. but lets see.

Thanks for your input :blush:

IG - Colourspokemon if you want to see more of my collection

Definitely the Base Set 2.

Honestly that’s too difficult to answer. Between all the 1st Edition Base Set stuff, it’s going to be up to your feelings, I’d say. That’s more historic and nostalgic than the other options.

5 Likes

When you say it’s time to move on to other things does that mean you need the money back that you have into these items or does it simply mean you have interests in other places and that you won’t be focusing on Pokemon? If you don’t need the money just put everything away and one day you might be glad you didn’t sell it. Even if it doesn’t go up significantly or whatever you might appreciate the completeness of what you have/had.

You can likely fit all those cards into one BCW shoe box. In my experience they hold about 116 PSA cards loosely or up to 120 max. You could put all the loose holos in fresh semi-rigids and tuck them behind the complete Base set/1st ed Charizard and then behind those you can have the non holos all sleeved and saran wrapped up in blocks by set. I’d reinforce the box with a little tape, maybe wrap it up to keep it dust free and just forget you have it.

If you absolutely must get rid of it all than keep the Charizard. It will take up no space and it will hold good value. Plus you’ll be the coolest kid on the playground forever.

7 Likes

I’d say keep the Base unlimited PSA 10 set and sell all the rest. Nostalgia for one thing without holding expensive packs and card sets. All the 1st ed cards will sell fast. Then in a few years if you wanted to sell the unlimited set, it’ll give a nice return on investment. Or keep it without worrying about how much it’s worth. Piece of mine and cash in hand.

3 Likes

base unlimited psa 10 set. Gem mint of every base art work. Too good

2 Likes

@colours forgive me for being nosy, but why have you decided to move on to other things?

The older, the minter, the rarer, the better :wink:

Lol, but seriously I would keep all the 1st ed base and sell the rest.

1 Like

Which touches your heart the hardest? That’s the one I’d keep:) Investment wise, keep them all…if you like money.

4 Likes

I’d keep everything, unless you really desperately need to use the proceeds of the sale for an important event in your life.

Not nosey,

just figure I have had fun with them, it was a joy getting all my childhood cards again and now they just sit in a box, so figured someone else can enjoy them, and Ill enjoy the profit I make off them doing a something else hahaha.

Thanks for the input everyone :blush:

4 Likes

I hate to see you go, but I wish you the best! My advice is to keep everything if you can. God bless and take care on your new adventures!

As someone who previously left the hobby and sold all but one card, I personally have really regretted that choice and wish I had done as others have suggested and just put them to the side until my interest sparked again. That being said, everyone is different and as Gary said, go with what your heart wants and you likely won’t be disappointed!

5 Likes

What was the one card you kept?

Mjisaacs

the holy grail… PSA 10 Rattata

4 Likes

I actually only kept a card that I had made myself as a kid. I used to make cards for all my friends at the Pokemon league at Toys R Us on Saturdays. I found it recently when I was cleaning out some boxes along with my league badge book. So, completely worthless, but to me very valuable.

10 Likes