The last part of your collection you would get rid of

Out of your entire collection, what would be the very last card (or group of cards) that you would get rid of IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAD TO?

For me, even though it’s not the most valuable thing, would be the 16 base set holos. That would be the very last thing I’d get rid of. Even more than my dragonite collection which is very dear to me. There’s just something about the base set holos that I can see nothing making me get rid of.

what about you?

4 Likes

Mario Luigi pikas. Being a Nintendo fan these cards just bring me so much joy.

3 Likes

I came across some of my empty booster boxes recently on one of my journeys to the basement. Felt a slight prick of hesitation at the thought of selling those someday which was interesting, I’m not at all sentimental about my collection.

1 Like

For me, it’s definitely the real Pikachu I keep leashed up in the yard 24/7. It’s basically feral at this point. One time it killed an eagle and I got in big trouble with the FWS. But I’ll never get rid of the thing because he barks like a maniac every time he sees another person and it deters thieves and vandals. Keeps the kids outta my garage who wanna steal my tools.

16 Likes

No 72 Gran Torino was ever safer.

1 Like

My sealed collection

7 Likes

If we are picking the absolute last things I would get rid of if I was forced, it would probably be my childhood Big 3. Had them for 23 years at this point, condition doesnt really matter but the memories with them are what’s most important.

16 Likes

I have a specific binder where I have all the ultra rare cards I’ve pulled since I’ve reentered the hobby. It has a lot of cards I pulled together with my husband from when we were dating, and it’s almost a perfect memory roadmap since the beginning of that journey, and still continuing today. If I had to make a snap decision, I’m pretty sure I would dump my scream promos, my mario pikas, and my space mew before that binder, lol.

2 Likes

The rookie card of each Eeveelution. Wow, that sounded like a sports card collector. (insert puke fake)

My childhood cards. Everything else there is potential to find again.

5 Likes

My remaining childhood cards after I already sold 90% as a kid (oops). Outside of that maybe my English VS Raichu.

3 Likes

Group of cards: Skyridge
Single card: Crystal Celebi

2 Likes

Nice level up atleast!

Cheers!

I have a rule that anything I’m a binder is locked in! So all wotc sets, golden era Japanese promos, basically the core cards that got me started collecting!

13 Likes

my mudkips would be the last thing I’d sell.

15 Likes

@stagecoach Give us your real answer, you fraud! The people want sentimentality!

3 Likes

Even as an Umbreon collector… I would never be able to part with my Japanese Neo Lugia. It was the first big hit I pulled as a kid and I can remember exactly where I was when I pulled it.

Cute llamas :llama:

1 Like

Thank you :heart: They aren’t collectable but they protect our valuables :saluting_face:

1 Like

My 1st Edition PSA 10 Fossil Dragonite. It was the first card I bought to get back into collecting, and I grabbed it for $250, which was a large amount for me back then.

Another, Southen Island English 10 set. I Iook at those 10x more than any other cards I have, and that was the first set I ever completed.

Plan that I’ll die with those puppies. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes