The last part of your collection you would get rid of

3 Likes

If I had to get rid of everything and only keep one group of cards, it would be my PSA 10 Japanese ex set. I put years of work into that and for several cards was the first person to grade them as 10s. It means so much and I would keep that over anything else in my collection.

14 Likes

His name is Thunderjack and he loves rotisserie chicken!!!

2 Likes

Might be my Kimura binder/graded cards. Because if the rest of my cards are gone, at least I’ll have my favorite artworks to look at and I want to, I could grade cards out of it and still feel some fulfillment. I would have a very hard time letting it go

My Giovanni promo and Masked Royal promo. The drama and insanity of finally getting them makes them have a pretty special place in my heart. Also the Giovanni artwork is prolly my favorite of all time.

10 Likes

For me it would be one of a kind misprints that I could literally never get again because they’re 1/1

2 Likes

This Absol might be the favorite card in my collection, but I actually think I’d get rid of it if I had to.

When I was a kid I had a pretty awesome collection, but as a teen Pokemon wasn’t cool anymore. I gave all my TCG I had to my younger cousins, but I still played the games. Junior or Senior year of High School I got a job and started collecting again with the money I made. Now, nine years later, collecting Pokemon has basically become part of my identity.

One day about two years ago my Mom asked if I wanted my cards back. I was confused because my Aunt eventually trashed the cards I gave my cousins. She went and got this small yellow box of maybe 150 WOTC era cards, all non-holos. I had honestly forgotten giving it to her. She kept this small box of cards for somewhere around seventeen years, even through a huge move seven years ago.

I get such a warm feeling when I come across this box of near worthless cards. I will never get rid of them.

9 Likes

Lol no, even better, it is a Goodwill Metal Poster :wink:

Cig, you cant come on to this thread a not answer what part of your massive collection you would keep

1 Like

Yeah come on, we wanna know! He’d probably keep all his bulk just so he can grade it all and start again

Holy poo! Those are some AMAZING cards!

1 Like

These cards got me into collecting, and I just love the swirl on the Moltres. They’re probably the cards I’d be most reluctant to get rid of.

9 Likes

CIG already indicated to me in private that his prized possession is a single card with a lipstick kiss on it. He keeps it under a bell jar in his study and he won’t tell me where it’s from. When I asked he just stared wistfully out the window and told me to leave.

10 Likes

I’m in doubt, because if I needed to sell for anything important I would without thinking twice.
But the ones I would keep as long as possible are
All Worlds promo’s and all Deoxys Stadium Challenge cards.

My Mew Ex Play promo. As a promo collector, this card embodies why I love to collect Promos. The absolute last card I will let go off.

Cheers!

9 Likes

nothing crazy rare but my wife got me an evolutions ETB for my first father’s day and I pulled a reverse rare charizard in it. it was also the first charizard I ever pulled so it means the world to me.

5 Likes

This for me as well. Even though I have dozens of mint holos from my childhood, I’m afraid of grading them, because once I do, I fear they might get mixed in with other slabs and I might accidentally sell them.

1 Like

Feels bad man