If you could only keep one card?

This question plays over and over throughout my head. (Hypothetically speaking) “If you were only able to keep one card in your collection, what would it be?”

Myself personally, eliminating the value aspect, i have an emotional attachment to Pidgeot. After thinking about this a lot, the card i would keep is my Jungle 1st Edition PSA 10 Pidgeot.

I am curious, what would that card be for you?!

4 Likes

8 Likes

That is a beauty right there!!

11 Likes

The Toad!!! Great to see Venusaur get some love!! Beautiful card!

1 Like

Probably my Shining Charizard. Coolest card I ever pulled from a pack as a little kid. Seeing that triple star rarity in the corner, without doing any research, told me that this thing was truly special. Too bad I didn’t treat it better otherwise it’d be worth something today haha

2 Likes

@cooltrainert Venusaur has always been my favorite like some other members @garyis2000

2 Likes

I was never able to pull any shining card! The Shining Charizard is one of my favorites!! If only we knew back than what we know now!

2 Likes

Probably my 1st ED base charizard. Currently the only single thing I own worth over $1000 but some things are starting to catch up lol.
It was something I always wanted but I told myself it was too expensive to get for the longest time. It would also be the hardest to replace and is the most iconic card I own.

3 Likes

It’s hard not to love some Venusaur!!

2 Likes

Wow, I am very jealous! Such an iconic card that i have yet to capture! Everything is rising within this market currently! I couldn’t part ways with a 1st edition charizard.

2 Likes

I love my Saitou Metagross and my Lenticular Deoxys, but I think I would have to choose my Sugimori Gyarados. It’s my favorite artwork, one of my favorite artists, and the most nostalgic.

11 Likes

My 1st ed Shining Charizard I bought off a friend here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh MYYY!! Look at that card! Sugimori signature and all. I’m in love.

3 Likes

Not my photo because I don’t keep it on me, but with out a doubt Art Academy Gourgeist.

I remember months before having the opportunity to buy one my friend showed me the Art Academy Tangrowth. Wanted to go 50/50 as an “investment”. I told him I could care less about Tangrowth, but was curious about the series so I looked into it. Saw the Gourgeist and was like, yes. If I could have any card in this set it would be that. It’s like a love letter to Ghost pokemon, and the fact it was drawn on an old DS amazes me.

Next thing I know someone posted about selling one on FB. I reached out so fast and was for sure my biggest purchase to date, but I’ll never regret it.

12 Likes

Can’t go wrong with the shinings! Especially a 1st Ed Charizard! That’s awesome you were able to do a deal on this platform!

1 Like

I won’t lie to you, I have never seen this card. But it’s an Art Academy, and the artwork is absolutely breathtaking. I wouldn’t mind staring at this beauty for hours!!

Mine would be my psa 9 staff charizard.

1 Like

unikarp

2 Likes

I love me some charizard!