What is your LEAST favorite card of your favorite pokemon?

14 Likes

I always thought this Gengar looked like it had a woodgrain.

3 Likes

Aritas ex series works were…. not the greatest

1 Like

Only choice I’ve appreciated so far in pointing to who it’s been deserved the most and not being afraid in being called “cheating”.

Not a bad artwork per se (Seviper doesn’t have any bad artworks :blush: ), but I never really liked the pose of Seviper in this artwork, and there also isn’t much going on with the background:

And although it’s not in my top 25 favorite Pokémon, as a Pikachu collector I had to choose my least favorite artwork for it as well of course, which is the Japanese blue background Pikachu World Collection 2010 card. The other eight Pikachu cards in the Pikachu World Collection 2010 are more dynamic in both pose and background, and also all have the language’s flag incorporated in the artwork. Because of that, the Ken Sugimori Pikachu with blue background is just lazy and not really part of that same set imo. (The green background version I don’t mind that much, since green is my favorite color.)

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

That artwork has grown on me since I saw it in the God-tier Swirl thread. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

I strongly dislike this Flareon

3 Likes

This PP hand Mewtwo, since there are no bad Lugias

2 Likes

@quuador can’t argue that’s one of the best swirl placements :blush:

2 Likes

I actually really liked the new 5ban style. Up until now those were pretty boring, this looks somewhat artistic

1 Like

@digitaldash Geeze, that has to be one of the unsettlingly bad cards I’ve seen. Thank you for that.

I think we can all agree that Keiji Kinebuchi nailed body proportions with his early CG work, but his implementation of fur was questionable (looking at you Base Diglett).

1 Like

Abra is my favorite pokemon. I couldn’t think of a tcg card of abra that I don’t like but then I saw this and realized this set could probably apply to a lot of people’s favorite gen 1 pokemon in terms of worst looking cards. I’m actually one of the weirdos who enjoys the original topsun, but this set they did later on after they changed their name (and looks like their staff along with it) is just objectively terrible. It’s like an 8 year old drew abra and then cut him out poorly with scissors leaving some of the white outline of the paper and glued him onto this card design that has stars and pentagons on it randomly strewn about. The card designer apparently then decides oh if I make all these shapes different colors that will make the card so much more dynamic and interesting. I might buy one just to have the satisfaction of burning it with fire.

1 Like

Wow…now i can’t unsee that

3 Likes

Mew Prime :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I agree 100%

Haunter is easily the GOAT of this set

In terms of art style and the card itself, I’d say the basic promo - SM106 for Dawn wings Necrozma. It’s ok at least.

Same energy.

7 Likes

The Rumble version of Gyarados is just not my type

1 Like

Same boat, I think Haunter is the best holo in this set. I think it’s the best Haunter artwork ever too.