What is your favorite meal?

Every Sunday I usually cook a big dinner for the family. I have about 7 recipes I cook that everyone seems to like. I try to switch it up each week. Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and gravy is one of my favorites. I’m having a hard time deciding what to cook today, so I thought I would ask you guys, what is your favorite meal?

2 Likes

If I were being posh I’d say pork belly with dauphinoise potatoes.

However, I’m more than happy with chicken nuggets and chips (fries for all you yanks!).

4 Likes

Slow cooked pork carnitas or red mole. Side of Spanish Rice and Refried beans with Queso Fresco and a spicy green salsa and fresh made corn tortillas.

My personal favorite meal is just basic buffalo chicken wings, but thats not really a family style meal.

2 Likes

Since you’re also looking for dishes to make, if you’re up for Italian food, my go-to for a quick fix that feeds a lot of people and impresses is pasta carbonara (spaghetti + eggs + parmesan + bacon + salt + pepper) with a side of broccoli, peas, or green beans.

If you wanna go all-out and make the fancy classic Italian version, use bucatini instead of spaghetti and guanciale/prosciutto/pancetta instead of bacon.

When I go out to an Italian restaurant, I order it as my “litmus test” of how good and how Italian the restaurant really is!

3 Likes

Thanks that sounds awesome!

Fish and chips.

2 Likes

British roast dinner with quorn roast chicken (am vegetarian)

Excellent topic. I’m very much a meat and potatoes guy but don’t mind a nice spaghetti with a ground beef marinara sauce.

By the way, I’ll be over for your next Salisbury steak meal;)

5 Likes

My favorite meal is steak and mashed potatoes. While I don’t actually eat that very often, you can see from my other post with tons of eggs lol. Growing up whenever it was my birthday or a special occasion my parents would take me to any restaurant, within reason, to celebrate. I would always choose a steak house and it has a special feeling eating steak and mashed potatoes because it brings back such fond memories.

-Matthew

4 Likes

Great story. Like Pokemon, life experiences like eating out brings back a flood of memories.

1 Like

Favorite meal is bbq deer backstrap with greens and mashed potatoes. Sadly don’t get to have it often :slightly_frowning_face: .

3 Likes

Chicken Parmigiana with Mashed Potatoes

5 Likes

Deep fried pomegranate beurre manié with the eyes of a lobster on a bed of guinea fowl raised on the border of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. I can tell if the guinea fowl was not raised on the border of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and I will send it back

9 Likes

Sounds like the meal of a man who thinks he is upper class but fails to grasp that upper class isn’t about a single meal, it’s a lifestyle and an attitude.

3 Likes

Slowpoke Tail, taste great as-is, but even better in a stew.

All joking aside, what I have learned is to simply ask the family what they want to eat, especially on the regular. Sometimes you will be learning great recipes and cooking them to perfection, then realizing they don’t like that type of food.

2 Likes

Lasagne that’s been well cooked, so there’s burnt & chewy bits.

3 Likes

Im a simple man when it comes to food, Chicken breast and some veggies are my favorite. Easy to make and easy to make simple changes to if you are in the mood for it.

1 Like

You’re welcome over anytime Gary!

3 Likes

Bacon cheeseburger with a potato side (mashed, fries, au gratin, baked, whatever).

1 Like