What Goals Have you Completed? Thread

Hey everyone, I just completed a goal really special to me and would like to share with you all. Yesterday I got in a Gardevoir ex PSA 9 from EX Dragon Frontiers and with that I now have every Dragon Frontiers ex card as a PSA 9 with minimal print lines to boot!

This was a goal I made almost 3 years ago and I got my first card for it 2 years back. Completing it is such a surreal feeling. This is was my largest ex goal and at the time of making it my largest card goal in general. It was daunting and I was okay with just getting one card a year because of that, I realize now how much patience I’ve gained since then which I’m really happy about because I never was and still am not the most patient guy.

This set means so much to me as to me for so many reasons, but at its core it was just the most fun and awesome to me as a kid and even now, which is why its still my favorite set. Much of the end of the ex era is like that. On that note a bit ago I also completed EX Power Keepers ex cards in PSA 9+ which was a goal I made at the same time.

With a cherry on top too being that I also got a Gardevoir ex from celebrations and a Sceptile ex from Crystal Guardians in PSA 9s as well, so I have every English Delta ex in PSA 9!

Finishing both of these sets kind of feels like the end of an era for my early serious goals in the hobby at least on the psa side. I have been collecting all my life, but got serious really in Jan 2020 and these were the first 2 sets I seriously strived to hunt down graded. Doing this as an adult helped me realize getting graded 9s gives me the same rush as pulling cards back in the day and with Dragon Frontiers that is a fantastic feeling. These sets mean a lot to me and will always represent my early love of the tcg.

I didn’t just want to share my story though. I find it awesome when goals are set and completing by others. Hearing about the meaning it brought to them or the reasoning behind it all is something special so I would like to hear others stories of Pokémon goals being completed!

Thank you for reading.

37 Likes

@trainerjack Congratulations! What a great accomplishment and story!

1 Like

What an awesome story and accomplishment. Congratulations! Love the DS cards.

1 Like

Congratulations, that’s a huge achievement! You really do learn a lot about yourself when you set those long term goals. I hope you celebrate your victory :partying_face:

1 Like

@niece @SeasidePokemon @Will Thank you so much! I’m definitely trying to take it all in and celebrate what I’ve done :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry if its been too long to revive this thread. If not though I would still love to hear goals people have completed!

I am almost nearing a pretty fun goal of mine. Complete all of the Japanese Meiji promo cards. I have just one card missing, which I thought I had ordered but apparently I did not :upside_down_face: I have it ordered now, but it will be some time before I consolidate my package and get it in hand. Will make a collection post of the same. It seemed pretty laborious to do, but felt cathartic when I ordered the card.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Completed a couple recently. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

@mrbubbles Thats awesome I can’t wait to see the collection post!

@Dyl I remember you getting the dragonite, that’s sick! Those Hoenn starters are so clean as well! Hoenn also holds a specila place in my heart

Thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When i first came back to the hobby (circa ~2011), i had a goal to complete binder sets from Base to Skyridge. I believe i finally finished it around the summer of 2017, and it was such an awesome feeling to sit down and flip through it all when my journey was complete.

They’re all unlimited sets, and i skipped the reverses on the later sets - but they’re mine :slight_smile:

Since then i have about 100 unfinished goals because i tried to go in too many directions, but im very close to another major one that I’m excited to share soon!

6 Likes

Those are amazing sets to have completed congrats! I feel you abut goal directions, it is so hard to remained focused with all the amazing stuff Pokémon has to offer

1 Like

This is very important topic at least for me since it’s so easy to forget what i’ve already completed and just look forward to completing more goals in future. I’m also in lucky situation where i’ve basically completed all my main goals, ofc always some side collections/goals to get but it’s important for me to constantly remind myself of the big achievements i’ve already made in the past.

The first huge goal i accomplished was my completed base set-skyridge plus wizards black star promos. That was exactly the era i collected when i was a kid so it was a huge nostalgia trip to one by one collect all the wotc cards that made me love pokemon tcg back then.

Another huge goal was my completed topps collection. They were actually the first pokemon cards i got as a kid and they were the reason i fell in love with pokemon cards, so their sentimental value for me is even bigger than tcg cards. The last few cards i hunted for several years so you can imagine my joy when the last card was found and that empty slot in my binder was filled.

More recent huge goals i accomplished and what i’ve celebrated here more were my completed grimer and muk tcg and topps collections, and the same thing goes with them than the previous topps goal, last cards were a multi year hunt (especially, you know it, that topps chrome sparkle muk) so again a thrilling feeling to finally get those last empty binder slots filled!

Technically i’ve also completed my gen 1-2 japanese exclusive sets goal but i don’t have the last cards in my hands yet since they are being held in my US middleman service. So i guess the only one of my big goals i haven’t completed is my Tomokazu Komiya binder with one of each regular sized card arts. I’ve already gotten all the heavy hitters so i’m intentionally making it slow to enjoy the ride with a goal where it’s possible :slight_smile: but a lot of already completed goals full of memories, couldn’t really be happier about what i’ve managed to collect so far and that’s something i must never forget

7 Likes

It took many years but we got there

28 Likes

:partying_face:

1 Like

Awesome mate

2 Likes

Lucario VSTAR all languages in PSA 10.
Also the first complete set in existence because nobody else bothers submitting the Indonesian copies lol

7 Likes