What does everyone focus on when collecting if anything?

Kinda all over the place but mostly determined by what value I can get them at. Last year I was finding PSA secret rares of modern sets for under $15 so I’d pick them up if the art was good, then some promos, then some ampharos and mareep cards, then full art trainers, etc, now I’m at around 200 slabs of mostly full art trainers and ampharos but have a couple like secret energies, stadiums, and the classic cd promos. Same with the decks, first it started with open decks with assorted cards for cheap, then mostly complete. Now that I have all 200+ officially released english decks www.elitefourum.com/t/my-pokemon-deck-collection-mostly-complete/29919/1, Im just looking to upgrade to sealed decks, find variant boxes, and obscure deck products when I can find them for cheaper than market price. If I had to say specifically what I look for, its sealed decks, ampharos family graded cards, full art trainers graded, slightly obscure cards (was just getting started on web series when price jumped, W stamped promos, winner stamps, classic prerelease cards graded, well established error cards, etc).

1 Like