My Pokemon deck collection (Display update 9/21/23)

New to the forum but wanted to share my deck collection. Sorry if the format is wrong.

I love the decks, I started getting them out of nostalgia a couple years ago, then I figured why not try for them all, then I eventually realized there were more than I thought, then I got them all… until I noticed there are international versions. Now I am looking for variant boxes, international boxes, and anything else unique. I know its not the usual amazing cards but does anyone else collect decks?

All my Gen 1, Gen 2 decks and with variant boxes (barcode or design differences), Sealed Decks are Base (Shadowless and unlimited), Overgrowth (unlimited), Brushfire (unlimited), WaterBlast, PowerReserve, Bodyguard, Starter giftbox, Deluxe base 2, All base 2, Misty, Erika, Hotfoot, Wallop, Abyss, Oasis, and Caravan. Also unpictured additions are Sealed Lockdown and 4th edition Blackout Sealed.

Gen 3, open decks are Firefang, Forest Guardian, FireRed, Starcharge, Fire Mist, Storm Surge, Earth Shower, Power Wave, and Shadow Blaze. The rest are sealed. Special thanks to the all knowing @quuador for his help in sourcing a couple of these.

Gen 4, the only open deck is Chaos Control with the rest sealed, packs included.

Gen 5, all sealed. Not pictured are Next Destinies decks but they are assuredly in the collection. Red Genesect collection box pictured later.

Gen 6, all sealed. Not pictured is stand alone Fennekin deck. Now only missing a stand alone Froakie deck.

Gen 7, all sealed. Lets play combo pack pictured later.

Gen 8, Seem silly to share since its so new. Upcoming decks are already preordered.

Trainer Kits and Epic Collection decks, everything sealed except Trainer kit 1 & 2. Did you know there’s a version in cardboard for Trainer kit 1 & 2?

Legendary Battle Decks, of course sealed

VS and League battle decks. Sealed Mewtwo Darkrai is on its way as well as new League Battle deck preordered.

Collection and Challenge boxes that include decks. Everything Sealed. Missing about a dozen of the early challenge boxes, collection boxes, etc.

Mostly open Japanese and non-english decks. 1 VHS deck, Erika deck, Plusle deck, Minun deck, Ash vs Team Rocket deck are sealed.

Edit* If anyone is wants to see anything in detail, here is my ridiculously large album with all decks in detail. All sides of WOTC decks pictured, along with variant comparisons, and front, back and/or bottoms of all other boxes. imgur.com/a/pKhtVCw

49 Likes

WOW!! Awesome collection dude, congrats!

1 Like

Beautiful collection, love seeing these unique collections done with such attention to detail and completeness. Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Cant say I’ve seen this before. Very very nice!

1 Like

Glad to see you’ve decided to join the forum @lyleberr. Welcome! And dang, I knew you said you had close to all, but this collection is amazing. I’m glad I was able to help you as middleman for a few of them.

Good luck with whichever you still need, and of course future releases. It’s definitely an unique collection, since I don’t see too many people collecting just the decks. I know some people who have the WotC ones. And some who collect almost everything sealed including booster boxes. But solely these decks you don’t see too often.

Enjoy your stay! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thanks! Its been, and continues to be, a journey. I wanted to share since I also haven’t ever seen a complete English retail-available deck collection laid out, although there’s at least 19 more variations to the WOTC decks that I know about that I don’t currently have and I don’t even want to count international versions after that. Hopefully this either helps people check out the decks who have never seen them before, or leads to understanding more about the variations because I have no idea why some had different versions.

2 Likes

this is awesome man, something different/niche that must be a ton of fun to collect!

1 Like

@muk, Thanks!

@fourthstartcg, Thanks for saying so! I’m trying to find if more people are into them but I didn’t realize it was that unique.

@fazool, Thanks!

@primordialaa, It has definitely been a fun search and until recently, affordable. Thanks for looking!

Refreshing to see a different collection - fantastic work and thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

Incredible collection, I love the bar shaped ones starting from ex Dragon, they look so good when placed next to each other.

1 Like

Really awesome and unique collection! I definitely have nostalgia for playing with theme decks when I was younger.

1 Like

I have a theme deck card specific collection and had a nice sizable coin collection, so my mouth waters at this sight!
Although i liked the contents of these items, it is nice to see them sealed :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got a sealed firefang and windblast decks that I’d love to rehome to someone who’d appreciate them. The hooks haven’t even been broken out yet. Let me know if you’d want them!

Love your collection. I have a sealed deck collection of all the WOTC decks. I have been able to grab the 4 red logo jungle/fossil boxes over the years, but I didn’t realized some of the different variant boxes.

What is the base 2 box in the top left of your first photo?

Super jealous that you have them all sealed, although I’m perfectly content with just having copies.

So far, I have found that there are: 3x Variation of Base 2 player starter deck, 3x Variation of each Base set deck (unknown if the first edition boxes with gold strips have any different printing), 5x Variation of each Jungle deck (including red logo, not including mini version), 3x Variation of each Fossil deck (including red logo), 2x Variation of each Rocket deck, 2x Variation of each Base2 deck, 2x Variation of each Gym Heroes and Challengers deck, 2x of Each Sandstorm deck (US and International version) although those arent WOTC.

The box with the Mewtwo on it is a Base2 Deluxe Starter box, it comes with the Base2 starter deck and a trainer video which goes over how to play.

4 Likes

MY wife would not let me store this much sealed product in the house! LOL

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing. I wish I had as much sealed product as you do!

1 Like

Time for a flex :muscle: DL style

www.ebay.com/itm/312769744732

I lack about 9 decks to have a “complete” WotC retail and variation set. Those Red Logos are elusive

I did see that WOTC collection and have seen a couple posted over the years, was wondering if I’d see the owner on here. Can you share any photos of the gold strip base decks? I want to check if theres actually any graphic variation on them or if its just the sealing method that makes them different. I’d love anymore information on the differences between variants since I cant find much info on them, especially after the base decks. Agreed on the red logos to find them sealed, although I’ll DM you a lead on the Jungle versions (to pricey for me to get sealed versions).

Wow. So cool! You don’t have a Sabrina deck spare? :wink: