What do you think of the japanese brock and misty boxes?

Cynthia is in the box because it was 12$ a copy before they started making it available for players. It is really basically a necessary trainer

Where did you pick up singles?

Itā€™s a hard balance between appealing to collectors and players. Cynthia is a highly playable card and makes the box more desirable to players, and the box exclusive artwork appeals to collectors. Creating owner-named Pokemon adds a layer to the game that the designers probably felt like the TCG atmosphere wasnā€™t right for at the moment. Lots of moving pieces that have to be considered, Iā€™m sure!

@pkmnflyingmaster, I have the same intention as you. Purchase the two holo cards as individuals. As it has been mentioned before, I wish and share work between Onix/Starmie with their trainers.

@alecpokemon, I understand the reason behind Cynthia, but it has been reprinted in several collections, soā€¦ it should reach a saturation point, isnt? Most players might already have their copy in hand I imagine.

@fazool, @alecpokemon,

I understand the tcg reasons for adding Cynthia (and Lillie and Hau, etc.) I just think it really takes away the appeal of the set as a collectors item (for me) since it feels lazy and incoherent. Compare this to the alto mare set or the Ash vs Team Rocket box and its night and day. These boxes arenā€™t bad, I just feel like it was a big missed opportunity.

PS. Waiting for your response on IG about those Eevees Alec :wink:

1 Like

@sinos My guess there is that Pokemon cards are still hard to purchase in stores in Japan, so this gives players another opportunity to purchase staple cards from older sets if they havenā€™t already.

Like others here im more interested in these as a full gym leader set. Im holding off til the possibility of the rest being announced. As sealed product its a yes from me but otherwise the cards involved are pretty trash tbh.

The play mat was beyond my spending limit. Also for the rare times I actually play the game (only pre-releases) it was not worth having. The sleeves and the deck box so gonna become my new kit :grin:

I picked them up on Ebay but I got the last Mistyā€™s Water Manipulation at the time. Iā€™m not sure if anyone has relisted them or not though.

1 Like

Thank you

Nice box art, but a shame about the contents.

Exactly my thoughts. I also really just hate full arts, there are a billion and they just donā€™t appeal to me anymore (Aside from the team ups). Bring back the cosmos holo trainers like the xy-p promos or something imo.

the shipping will kill me when I get those playmats but I do collect the playmats for just fun

2 Likes

I just received them in the mail today and Iā€™m a bit bummed out the full-art standing trainer art isnā€™t on the outer box. You need to slide it out of the slip cover to reveal the standing trainer art. Iā€™m not regretting my purchase though and Iā€™m still going to buy all 8 if PokĆ©mon decides to release them. I will have to rethink how to display them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that tooā€¦ :confused: but thanks for letting us know. I was debating on just opening it O.o

Iā€™m a little late to the party, but got some of them. Now to just cross my fingers they donā€™t keep printing them foreverā€¦