What are your 2024 collection goals?

I love the Espeon, its Japanese (which I believe is worth a bit more than Eng) And espeon is one of my fav mons :smiley:

3 Likes

Such a good looking card. I was torn between adding this or Karen’s Umbreon to the list, as I love Espeon and Umbreon. The price for the Umbreon is a little high for me currently (moreso needing to justify to wifey) and considering I’m wanting to build a decent collection over a few months I’m trying to keep single purchases maxed out around $1k.

2 Likes

:sob: this is so relatable.
My dude i am wishing you the best on this awesome goal. I love those expedition cards. Cant wait to see the journey progress

2 Likes

It’s hard to ball out when kids are added to the mix haha.

Thank you for the support, I’ll be keeping a keen eye on your journey as you acquire all promo cards in existence also

2 Likes

I’m looking to finally finish my Call of Legends Master Set. It’s probably my favourite set of all time. Also looking to get one of each English ex SAR for the SV era in a binder. Graded card wise, I really want to get the Burned Tower & Copycat L-P Promo’s in a PSA 10.

2 Likes

This thread should be merged with this one!!

4 Likes

Top 3 goals would be to finish my wotc prerelease set with the exception of the raichu. Ive made my peace with that. Finish my complete toys r us promo set, and to complete at least a couple more pages in the prerelease master set im working on.

2 Likes

late af response but I think the usual term the community uses for that holofoil pattern is “oil slick”

1 Like

Oh, so its not water web?

It’s all just community made nicknames so no right or wrong necessarily but yea I’ve only ever heard of that holofoil pattern being referred to as “oil slick”

1 Like

I would like too have the complete fan club trio in psa 9 , will be my main objective trying to get the hardest of the three ( psa 9 FC magikarp ) this year then the Evee , while trying too complete that , if I can find the original envelope the masters scroll came in , I would love too have that too before the years end :raised_hands:

1 Like

Oh, thank you!

1 Like

Hi, um I just wanna ask, how do u get like those 6 pokemon below ur posts? Im sorta new :slight_smile: (Sorry if this is off-topic, )

Cheers!

1 Like

Thankss :slight_smile:

Solid cards, solid goals. I guess the most important aspect for a newcomer is to have goals, considering budgets. If they are something really specific it is just a cherry on top in my opinion. Really great and looking forward to seeing you tick these cards off one by one.

Cheers!

1 Like

I just have a small goal for rn, and It’s to get a ungraded dark blastoise and articuno holo + rayquaza and dexoys in NM to M condition. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the artworks on these cards (and I’m sure you’ve seen the rant I did about ray ray)

6 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated.

I feel like a cat surrounded by laser lights tbh, there’s shiny stuff everywhere. I am, however, aware that money disappears quickly when you aren’t focused. Setting these goals should at least help with lessening spending on things that are only appealing due to price.

I have some other, smaller side goals, and would like to complete my first binder but if I can complete 50%+ of these main goals I’ll be very happy.

3 Likes

Goals … have more money to spend more … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile::pensive:

2 Likes

@pfm can you clear this up for me i need to be certain. Is it water web or oil slick