What are your 2023 collection goals?

I am very temperamental when it comes to what I buy, I scout for occasions a lot.
But my goal would be to buy as many 1st edition base as possible to finish at least the common/uncommon set and then start savings for the holos.

other that I would like:
Crystal Lugia
Crystal Celebi
Umbreon Aquapolis
Umbreon Skyridge

Most of all I would like to get back my 50 cards I sent through a middleman in 2020 :smiling_face_with_tear:

Not incredibly big hits but childhood memories

1 Like

I really want a PSA 8 non 1st edition shadowless charizard and I want a ho-oh skyridge blister pack

3 Likes

If i put a bunch of goals i can at least get /one/ properly done hopefully :smiley:

1. (Hopefully) get the 2019 midnight masquerade gardevoir 3 ring binder to put gard cards in
  2. Finish out the english ralts line
  3. Trade more :slight_smile:
  4. Finish steam siege!!
  5. Korean adv ralts - it can be the worlds most damaged card idc.
  6. Start a rainbow binder - binder for cards featuring rainbows in the art (ex card with rainbow in bg, trainer card with rainbowy colors etc) excluding rainbow fullart
2 Likes

My 2022 collection goal has almost been complete ( I never uploaded my full collection, but its fine as its always changing). I did get more unique cards for the collection like I said I would.
My 2023 collection goal is to keep obtaining signed cards for my collection. Collecting signed cards has made collecting feel very fun for me.

The other goal (non-Pokemon related) is to sell off some of my other random collectables as Iā€™m moving in Summer and would rather travel with less items. Then Iā€™ll probably put the money back into Pokemon as I want to save for a bigger card that I can hope to have within less than a year.

2 Likes

Targets for 2023

Complete mcdonalds 2002 set in psa 10, only needing the non holo energies. I really regret not grading them back when they were pack fresh. I have 4 or 5 with psa currently, but not confident that any/many will gem!

Complete 1st edition psa 9 neo discovery set. Need around 20 non holos, one rare, the rest being uncommon and commons.

Tick off at least two more 1st edition psa 10 jungle holos. Need 6 to complete the set in its entirety.

Depending on the above, if successful, i intend to start another psa set. Unsure which would be, but potentially neo revelations in psa 9.

3 Likes

2023 goal is to finish my PSA 9 1st edition Neo Genesis double swirl set. I know of 10 confirmed holos from that set with double swirls and as of right now I have 5/10. Its going to take me a while to complete the rest, but Iā€™m hoping I can get it done. Good luck on your goals, fellow collectors!

2 Likes

Personal goal: stick to my goal!
I want to try to control impulsive purchases and focus only on what I really want :slight_smile: I already make the mistake to buy stuff I donā€™t really care about just to sell it few months after (usually at a loss) to buy other stuff.

Personal target: keep purchasing japanese EX holos PSA9 or 10

7 Likes

Iā€™m going for a complete grade 10 Sylveon collection. Starting with a simple monā€™ with a non ridiculous number of cards. Just started with my first buy a couple weeks ago, pretty excited - ironically itā€™s a little tough to acquire slabs from my own company. Gonna have to start bribing people here pretty soon.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had some pretty good luck in 2022 with grading so Iā€™m hopefully going to start off 2023 with a few psa 10s I hope :sweat_smile:, my goals are to complete my graded ex unseen forces set and collect all the pal city promos raw and grade them myself going to Japan in march so hoping to find some while Iā€™m out there

15 Likes

Hoping to get to 80-90% on this. Thereā€™s really about 100 cards, PSA hasnā€™t added a lot of modern or promos to the set. Also continue with other foreign languages and a few other sets Iā€™m starting.

4 Likes

Congrats on being ranked #1, thatā€™s pretty sweet!

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty much competing against myself :sweat_smile: but thank you!

2 Likes

Here is what I had said last:

Much changed for me during 2022 including my perspective on how I should go about collecting going forward, so for what I said last year I can only report that I did in fact get every Dragon Frontiers ex card in PSA 9 with the Gardevoir I just received,

This year I realized that I was thinking too small in the hobby at large and that there were some cards that I just wanted to try and get regardless of their price. I realized that if I was consistent and smart with my savings that one day I may get there and that to be my version of a Pokemon Master I had to try.

I also put my knowledge in the market and my confidence in that knowledge to the test this year by making a bigger purchase that wasnā€™t either of the 2 cards I stated above. I have been seriously learning in the market for about 3 years now and I made a purchase that to me was not only at the time a smart move in the long run, but also showed that I can be confident choosing which higher value cards I should purchase at a given time.

So with all that being said now going into 2023 my main goals would have to be:

-Keep saving for my grail goal a PSA 9 Master Scroll
-Pick up some more cards that I just love in PSA 9(ex, lv, x, cards from my past and so on)
-Whittle away at my Dex Binder
-Interact with modern more

The only one I really didnā€™t do this year is interact with modern too much. I have always kept up with releases and bought cards here and there, but going into SV I really want to buy more of the cards I like when they come out. Modern has been fantastic as of late and with ex coming back I definitely donā€™t want to miss getting these probably great cards and sharing in the fun with you all.

Well thats what Iā€™ve got so these you guys in the 2024 Goals Thread!

2 Likes

I could help you with the Korean ADV goal matey ! I have a spare Ralts and Kirlia :kr::+1:t2:

3 Likes

To look back on 2022 and make new goals for 2023, I had to wait for 2022 to end, since some cards came in right at the end of the year.
I had 2 goals for 2022 which I did not post in last years thread:

• complete my lv. x binder with all english lv x cards
  • 90% complete for all numbered japanese promos from /p, adv-p, pcg-p, dp-p, dpt-p and l-p
    Both goals were not completed unfortunately, lots of progress was made for the lv x binder, I am only missing 6 at the moment.
    For the promos I am 86% complete, which I am actually very happy with, this goal was not attainable, I underestimated the cost of some promos. I did actually complete the first set at the end of the year, ADV-p is now complete!

Next years goals will be quite similar to last years with some addition:

• I will complete the lv x binder this year, and I will complete the primes and the legend cards as well
  • I am missing 68 promos at this point, I hope to go down to 40 left at the end of the year, I hope to find the suicune shiny present campaign promo. That is the last card I need to have all of the L-P shiny cards.
  • I would love to find either a mysterious pearl or a championship arena (preferably the numbered PCG promo)
  • Make a collection thread on here, finally!
  • I had a blast with in person events in 2022, so I would love to join some more in 2023

Best wishes to you all for a great 2023!

5 Likes

AA Rhivern Pikachu

1 Like

Complete my Shining Legends, Celebrations, and Evolutions master sets. Iā€™m only a handful of cards away but theyā€™re the most expensive ones :joy:

Continue growing my graded Japanese promo and holo collection.

Make my first PSA submission (been holding off due to the crazy backlog)

3 Likes

To complete my 1st edition base psa 9 holo set. Just received the Gyarados today which means I am on 13/16. I completed this in a mixed 8/9 set previously and decided to sell the 8s and upgrade!

Also to generally try and do more buying/selling trading and attend more card shows.

7 Likes

I did my first submission a few months ago and it was an incredibly smooth experience. good luck with your sub!

2023 do a pause in collecting and appreciate more in depth what i already haveā€¦ potentially make a shorts explaining the history/origin of some sets.

Probably think about what will be my pokemon goals going forward, either expanding to other markets like thai, indonesian, chinese & further on koreanā€¦so rather expanding vertically rather than horizontally on what i haveā€¦ Or looking for different objectives.

In all cases, Iā€™ll take a breather.

4 Likes