What are your 2022 Pokemon collecting goals?

Let’s see…

I’m now on 82/120 PSA 10 and I missed out on what could have been an 83rd earlier in the year because I foolishly assumed I’d not be outbid despite bidding nowhere near my limit. Despite a significant increase in the PSA 10 population of quite a lot of Pichu cards I still need, not very many of them have surfaced publicly for sale yet. I also have a big stack of Pichu cards I want to send in for grading, but there’s no way I’m paying PSA’s current rates for that.

I did however add both the US and Canadian versions of the non-TCG Master Trainer Game Pichu cards (Instagram), so I guess technically I did hit my 8 PSA 10 goal.

The highlights of my 2021 were:

1. Adding the first print Wizards of the Coast Black Star Pichu uncut sheet to my collection (Instagram) - I never would have guessed last year that one of those even existed, let alone that I’d be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to acquire it.
  2. Adding a practically mint condition Spanish 1st Edition Neo Genesis Pichu card to my collection (Instagram) - this is still the only Spanish 1st edition version of the card I’ve seen;
  3. Adding a square cut Neo Genesis Pichu card to my collection (Instagram) - square cut cards don’t appear often for the Neo Genesis set.

I’m going to repeat my 2021 goal of adding 8 more PSA 10 Pichu cards to my collection. Right now it feels unlikely - I haven’t added a new PSA 10 to my collection since June - but as time goes on I’m sure a lot of those recently-graded PSA 10s will start trickling their way onto the market.

3 Likes