What are you buying?

There’s a lot going on in the hobby currently, whether it’s a flood of PSA cards finally coming back, the upcoming 8000 card PWCC auctions, celebrations released in 30 languages, lottery promos, or the long awaited stamp cards finally out. With many options, it feels like the average collector’s wallet is pulled in 5 different directions. So I have a simple question, what are you buying now?!!

3 Likes

Stamp boxes
And 254/s-p promos

Waiting on celebrations, no idea where prices will settle lol

6 Likes

Promise this is not a what to invest in thread, but meant to stimulate discussion lol. I will be buying the stamp promos too. Really want to buy some other things but I could just buy more stamp promos?

2 Likes

I am slowly picking up cheap cards I need for my collection. Anything over $50, I am taking a strategy of making sure the price has stabilized and I am buying at the lowest price I can.
I think there is a lot of cash that will be pulled out during this holiday season, and might create some buying opportunities soon.

3 Likes

Just started the Marill cameo collection, so mostly many many variants of Energy Removal 2 haha.
The rarest one is the Unlimited Japanese WCP variant, fingers crossed one pops up!

1 Like

vintage is on sale. I think now may be one of the last consolidation periods for pokemon. Its extremely mainstream now, and raw mint vintage is scarce and the nubs are selling into the hands of people who know whats up. Buying mint vintage from a random noob may be impossible after this consolidation period

3 Likes

I’m buying things I don’t need more competition for.

13 Likes

Pokemon cards

6 Likes

National Championship STAFF cards, Mint raw WOTC, and some modern sealed stuff here and there.

1 Like

Japanese, Japanese, Japanese. Oh and did I say Japanese?

5 Likes

Pretty much whatever I enjoy collecting most. Been mainly buying vintage raw and high graded stuff but also the odd graded modern card that I like.

I think the next couple years will be a great time to collect due to how many more cards should be hitting the market… but I feel some day down the road the supply will eventually dry up.

3 Likes

Probably celebrations singles. I still have some celebrations to open, and I wanna try and do a full binder page of Arita full art pikas (and or the vmax full art pikas). I’d like to buy some cheap Japanese promos and stuff, but those take more work and brainpower to find. I’m trying to get a Switch OLED for the new games releasing soon, but that is proving to be quite tough unless i buy one on ebay… So long as Pokemon doesn’t release anything cool and exciting, I’ll probably hold off on buying cards until Black Friday/Christmas time.

I’m currently primarily buying loads of non-TCG Seviper stuff:

• Figures: I’m pretty sure I found all of them except for three metal ones now, which is pretty surprising considering I only started buying them about three months ago;
  • Stickers: mainly focusing on Amada, since those are awesome (of which I’m still missing five), but I buy every Seviper sticker I can find right now;
  • Non-TCG cards: still missing quite a few, but also already got a fair amount thus far;
  • Plushies: I’ve got both existing Seviper plushies a.f.a.i.k.;
  • DVDs: got an English; Japanese; and French DVD featuring a Seviper on the cover. No idea if there are any others, but I haven’t seen any other yet;
  • etc. etc. (posters; pogs; metal tags; poker chips; pins; bags; towels; cushions; etc.)

As I said, every non-TCG Seviper item I can find. :blush: I’ll be posting them in my collection thread and the Pokémon Plushies/Merchandize/Toys thread once everything has arrived.

Let me tell you, it’s refreshing to pay 1-5 USD for stuff, and the occasional 25-40 bucks. :grin: Instead of 40+ by default, and the occasional 1k… :confused:

Apart from that I’m still waiting for my two July pre-orders for the Pikachu V-Union boxes… :unamused: After I opened those, I will buy any missing Celebrations card I want. And I’m also still looking for the Swedish and Danish sealed Moltres to finish my sealed Moltres promo collection, and the last 12 missing Pikachu TCG cards (although I probably can’t afford them rn tbh…).

PS:

There are currently 14 Pokémon TCG languages, of which 11 active. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

I’m ALWAYS buying! Some of the things I’ve bought recently:

• Lots of JP Celebrations. Set is very reasonably priced IMO given the distribution method, card selection, and Japanese supply issues.

• A bit of English sealed Celebrations to open because 10 year old me NEEDS to pull an old ex reprint. Also I’ve bought like 15 Greninja gold stars because it’s a $5 gold star.

• My normal Japanese raw card purchases, ex cards, BW and XY SR/UR, Lv. X, even some spicy stuff here and there outside those ranges.

4 Likes

Shhhh :wink:

3 Likes

1st Edition Base/Shadowless Holos PSA 9/10s

2 Likes

I bought this Magmortar the other day! I thought the art was really cool.

I’ve also been buying stuff I need for my binder sets. It’s been fun to collect a wide variety of cards.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m not telling until I buy them. Nah just kidding I’m buying that :chart_with_upwards_trend:cheap​:money_mouth_face: NEW :anger:Gold :star2: of the fan favorite :raised_hands:Pokémon​:sparkles: Shiny​:frog:Greninja​:droplet: (the one with the :six:foot​:foot: long :tongue:tongue used as a scarf :scarf:featured in :boom:Hit :space_invader:Game​:woman_superhero: Smash :weary:Brothers​:people_hugging:)?

17 Likes

Greninja Gold Stars

3 Likes

Cards.

1 Like