Welcome to the New E4

Welcome to the New E4 website everyone! This is something that has been in the works for a long time and it has finally arrived. Once you reset your password, your posts and avatar should all cross over to the new site!

The migration process will probably take a few weeks. We made the initial layout similar to the old site to make the transition as smooth as possible. Feel free to acquaint yourself to the new website and use it just as you did before. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

57 Likes

Feel free to post any questions or feedback here. I know moving to a new layout can be jarring at first but in my experience, it grows on you.

Also keep in mind we basically have 100% control over everything on this site from plugins to themes so we will continue to make improvements over time!

11 Likes

Thanks for making pub videos in the grandma basement to pay for this - looks awesome!

6 Likes

Man, this is clean. Great job all.

5 Likes

This looks great!

3 Likes

Undeniably smoother, although probably jarring for long-time users on the old site. My favorite feature so far is Dark Mode, and everyone who put work into this site deserves some praise. I can’t wait to see how it evolves over the coming months!

7 Likes

Haha I thought I’d just gotten used to it after joining. This must have taken some serious work, it’s awesome thanks. Here’s hoping it has a better search function than proboards!

3 Likes

One of the many benefits is the search functionality

11 Likes

I like modern websites, but I’m more attached to vintage.

10 Likes

I also really like how mobile is laid out. Very responsive, pages load almost instantly. Tapatalk was a necessary evil but in my opinion it was very clunky. I even happened to open this thread on my phone while typing this post on my desktop and it immediately loaded the draft of my message to be continued on my phone.

7 Likes

first

4 Likes

I thought I was going to bed now but this new site is way too exciting!

5 Likes

The search function is a million times better! Thank you. Although a great benefit, the negative is now a trove of long forgotten posts are revealing cards I had no idea existed. The search function will be my financial ruin!

4 Likes

Yay new forum!

2 Likes

Cool to see an update. Thank you! At some point will we be able to see who made the thread like we could on the prior site? Also how does the new pokeball system work?

2 Likes

I appreciate all the hard work that was put into this! This new site looks great. Looking forward to seeing the community continue to grow.

2 Likes

Love the Game Boy layout.

4 Likes

If there is demand for a feature like this, I can add it.

The pokeball system is a “trust level” feature built into the forum. It basically makes it so we can control permissions based on what level you are. For instance, it could be used to prevent brand new members from posting certain things and can also be used to control who posts a WTB thread. For now, we don’t have any strong permissions on any level so it’s mostly just for fun.

It’s based on your total post count and total view time of the forum. Basically everyone is pokeball now because the view time is zero but I’m sure that will change soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

you can also change back to egg form :pray:

5 Likes