New Banner who dis?

Time to continue the shizzle banner tradition here is the first for elitefourum! If there is an old banner you like that you want to see on this new site let me know and I’ll try to add it to the new site. The only issue is previously there was only a light coloured background, now with the added dark mode it is more difficult to cross over some of the banners namely the gif ones. So let me know if you want me to add any of the non gif banners that may be missing :pray:

33 Likes

If possible, the gif of Squirtle & friends hurtling down a slide - that one is my favourite

Edit: nvm it just showed up

5 Likes

This is sick! I love the banners from this forum, the give the forum a very special and unique look, if you are the person behind this work congrats! I love the pokemon snap ones and the 3 base set startes mixed up lol

1 Like

Thank you! Yes I have done the banners since around 2017 on the old site. Lets test another gif one:

9 Likes

Love all your banners and all your work.

My only request is to keep the Christmas/Holiday banners out of the year round rotation. I don’t know why it bugged me so much but seeing the Santa hat banner in June always made me refresh the page to get rid of it. I like Christmas. I like Santa hats. But unseasonably? I can’t bear it.

2 Likes

I’d love some new banners, are you currently working on any? Such a great feature of the forum!

1 Like

Request - Hopefully someone can make a mario/luigi Pikachu themed banner celebrating the promos.

1 Like

Request : Magikarp my dude!

3 Likes

Your A Wizard Harry GIF | Gfycat

You’re a wizard @shizzlemetimbers :mage:

4 Likes

Seen there are some requests: Nidoking/Nidoqueen deserve some love!!

There is already a magikarp banner! The SNAP promo Magikarp alongside snap gyarados (pretty sick)

1 Like

The GI Joe banner is one of my favorites. Sends me every time

3 Likes

One thing I can do with CSS is show banners based on whether you are using light mode or dark mode based on the setting you have it toggled to. So we can do something like have banners exclusively for dark (or light) mode OR we can have two images for the same banner, one for light an one for dark.

Just throwing out ideas. It’s hard to design for both light and dark at the same time. Took me a couple attempts to get the efour logo to work on both in the header

4 Likes

So, is there an example of a banner that looks bad on the dark mode?

2 Likes

Definitely never enought Magikarp banner!

3 Likes

Call me strange but I prefer light mode for its cleanliness over the dark mode.

Maybe if the banners were compatible with each perhaps I’d change my tune.

1 Like

the Jason Paige one has to stay or i will riot
(probably not actually)

i will riot this is a threat timber of shizzles.

2 Likes

heh oops. still learning to use the UI…

I like seviper theme, since I usually browse at night. But I do agree, the light theme is cleaner.

Here are my settings, I use the “dark E4” instead of “dark”:

1 Like

I was using “dark e4”, but the purple seems to wake me up at night. I prefer the yellow contrast text in seviper.

Also, just realized you can select the light AND Dark themes, but you have to reload in order for the non-current(?) setting to take effect. Probably a CSS thing, but something else might be going on.

1 Like

Great work on the banners!
I’m a big fan of the Seviper theme at the moment and haven’t noticed any big issues. The colors make the website very easy on the eyes while browsing.

4 Likes