Welcome to the New E4

Very cool to see. I love a lot of the new features. Thanks for the response and hard work.

2 Likes

Importing the data from the old forum to the new one put restrictions on usernames, so instead of using the ā€œscreen nameā€ from the old forum, we use the ā€œusernameā€

if anyone wants a username change to their old screen name, let me know and I can manually go in to do it.

1 Like

My eyes thank you so much for the new and easy switch to Dark Mode.

7 Likes

This looks super clean and feels smooth. Thanks for all of the hard work in creating this site.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Fancy :dragon_face:

3 Likes

Is there a way to turn off the infinite scroll and display posts as pages? I havenā€™t found that in the preferences.

1 Like

While I understand there are different preferences and pros/cons between pagination and infinite scroll, the core forum code only offers the scrolling.

If a plugin ever comes up that allows switching between the two I will add it right away. Personally, I only the scrolling not as effective for very large threads which is why moving forward, we will try to encourage smaller discussion threads over giant threads.

4 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response. Thatā€™s tough. Iā€™m definitely accustomed to the classic format. Iā€™ve successfully evaded infinite scroll thus far but I guess time comes for us all.

I know Xenforo is very adaptable but obviously what can be done is only within the limits and budget of the web developer. Iā€™d definitely like to see the traditional structure return, but Iā€™ve worked with forums like this before and know literally everything is easier said than done.

Edit: Oh, huh, I just realized youā€™re using Discourse rather than Xenoforo. My mistake.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure this was a lot of work. Interface is awesome on my phone.

Thanks to all who made this happen.

2 Likes

Looks great. No more imgur for pics either. Woot! Great job PFM and rest of team, Iā€™m sure this was a massive amount of work

4 Likes

Unexpected but welcome surprise. Looking forward to getting into the new website

2 Likes

Dark mode :100:

3 Likes

Excellent :call_me_hand:

1 Like

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

1 Like

Wow, what a nice improvement! Iā€™m looking forward to all the upgrades! Well done to everyone who made this happen!!

1 Like

the signature pokemon area is pretty cool. I have heard you can use other sprites from the games too :flushed:

https://msikma.github.io/pokesprite-spritesheet/

1 Like

rip my profile gif.

not bad, I like it so far

Itā€™s been fun, but I want to go home now. Wait, what? This is my home now?

1 Like

Love the change and love the investment of time and focus on the forum. We are all in great hands.

Everything seems really nice at first glance, but the one thing that stands out to me is the much smaller PFPs. I really enjoyed everyoneā€™s amazing avatars and wish those could be made bigger. Odd request maybe but the avatars add a lot to our space feeling unique

4 Likes

I dig it.

One thing on the old place i used to use - the latest posts page. Thereā€™s a latest button at the top here but that just shows the most recently posted in threads. Is there a page somewhere that shows you the actual latest posts? Apologies if Iā€™ve missed it!

1 Like