Forum Update 2023

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to keep everybody in the loop, as there is always a lot going on behind the scenes. First, E4 will always be a free website. With that said, I have always subsidized E4, therefore we are bringing back ads. The ad revenue will be used to cover costs and further improving the site. Down the road we plan on rewarding the most active members with little to no ads.

Another big update, Trades are back! They will be accessible just like the buy section to all trust level 1 members! A friendly reminder you can always mute any section or tag if you are not interested in buy/trade threads.

I think E4 is in a great place right now! Its been super chill and honestly some of the best months I’ve had in the almost 13 years of the sites existence! :pray:

92 Likes

No problem with ads! Thanks for covering the server and maintenance costs all this time.

3 Likes

Can we offer things to trade… for cash? Just kidding (kind of).

A sales section would be like pivoting from a halo 2 lan party to a steve aoki concert. :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Is there an update to the rules that gives an outline of expectations for the WTT (want to trade) threads?

1 Like

Yes I made a quick update to them, and will talk it over with the mods about changing any verbiage if necessary.

2 Likes

Just saw it! Thank you!

3 Likes

I’d be interested in knowing if there’s a preferred format as well. Would it make sense to just have a list of cards we’re interested in trading away with a list of what we’re looking for? From there another member could PM if they’re interested in participating? Or does it have to be more specific, like X cards for X?

The latter is the standard format. The intention of the section is someone who is looking for an item and says I’m either want to buy at x price or have these cards to trade for that item.

2 Likes

This has to be the best word I’ve ever seen on here. Verbiage. :slight_smile: Trading is awesome.

2 Likes

I hope you’ll consider a paid membership option that gets rid of ads.

4 Likes

There is a plan to decrease ad appearances for members like yourself and others with higher trust levels. It’s just going to take time to code.

4 Likes

I did see that. I’m just a compulsive ad-dodger. I buy every ad-free membership. I thought I’d mention if you made one, I’d pay for it. Even if I only saw one ad a day, I’d still pay to not see that single ad.

This isn’t a complaint about adding ads to the site, which I totally understand. I just always pay my way out for my frequently visited haunts.

11 Likes

Agreed. An “supporting member” option with no ads

1 Like

the new layout has really grown on me! i’m super happy with where E4 is at, and really grateful to you and all of the mods/devs for your work on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to see this as well, even just to support the site :slight_smile:

1 Like

(extremely JFK voice) “Ask not what E4 can do for you—“

4 Likes

Just want to say thanks to everyone who makes this site such a great place to be. It’s my favorite corner of the internet and I’m so happy it exists :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work you and the team put into this place :beers:

11 Likes

Thanks for taking care of this site! :beers:

Just spitballing here… what if e4 conducted a fundraising auction? Could be held by smpratte on eBay. Cards donated by e4 members to be sold in auction. Proceeds go to the e4 website and Scott’s base costs for selling. Thoughts? I’d be happy to donate a card or two!

16 Likes