Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Hi everyone

My name is GemMintTom_ on instagram

Im trying to finish my Neo Destiny PSA 10 1st Edition Master Set. Came here to find the last card which is becoming a nightmare for me, Dark Ampharos!

Hope to have some success!

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Welcome! Congrats on the accomplishment thus far, and DANG! Thatā€™s a difficult goal, but Iā€™m sure youā€™ll achieve it, and the journey will be very rewarding!

1 Like

Welcome! Iā€™ve followed you on Instagram for a while and always enjoy your updates! Neo Destiny is my favorite set! Good luck on your hunt!

2 Likes

Glad you joined! As for your dark ampharos, what about this one? Pokemon 2002 Neo Destiny #1 DARK AMPHAROS 1st Edition Holo PSA 10 Gem Mint 1/105 | eBay

2 Likes

@xileets thank you! Been a long journey, especially when it comes to buying cards at proper prices, and from trusted sellers! Hopefully can finish the set sooner than later!

2 Likes

@tcgmaine that is awesome to hear, I appreciate you following along my journey!

1 Like

@mrtz thank you! Unfortunately the seller is asking nearly 2.5x the last sale and is refusing to negotiateā€¦ as eager as I am to buy, I also ensure I do not overpay on any of the cards in the set, LOL! The wait continues!

2 Likes

Yep, i totally get that. Patience will save you on that purchase, another will surface for auction eventually. Id guess most neo 1st 10s roughly pop up twice a year in auction?

Welcome fellow collectors!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Jordan here, long time fan and former child collector. I had a lovely collection in elementary school that I remember selling one day to a friend, probably around 2001. Since then Iā€™ve mostly been a fan of the games until 2020 when my friends started buying modern again and once I followed I was hooked again. After a year of modern and my finances allowed it I set out to restore my vintage collection, and ended up doing so and then some :sweat_smile: Iā€™m 3 cards away from achieving a huge goal - have every set holo card from WOTC (a few crystals away, but not collecting LC). I also started getting into Ex era stuff, mostly collecting artwork I like and especially stamped cards. I found out after a few years of buying that I tended to gravitate towards certain artists, namely Fukuyama, Kusajima, Komiya, Baba, Umemoto, Kusube, and Kizuki, and Nakamura. More recently, my favorites are Jerky, OSHIYAMA, Furusawa, and Shibuzoh. This was a huge revelation for me as I never really noticed artistsā€™ styles aside from Sugimori and it really opened up a whole new aspect of finding new cards and just appreciating my collection.

Current goals are to finish up the crystals and then some JP exclusive stuff (Web holos, some lottery holos, Ereader mcdonalds and trainer mag promos, Pokepark forest set) along with some more ex era stamped cards. Thanks to this forum I found the Fukuyama postcards which I have fallen in love with, so working on those too. My grail cards are Mew Ex Play promo, New Year 2000 Jumbo, and Gold Star Ray.

I really enjoy finding others here who have so much knowledge of the hobby and its history and I love finding new awesome cards and collections!

Cheers

17 Likes

Stellar taste in artists and in interests/goals you got there! Iā€™d be mighty pleased to see your collection after you get a chance to pop around the various neighborhoods here =)

1 Like

Welcome to the fourum, @DJGary! You DO have great taste! That Jumbo 2000 promo is legit! definitely a favorite komiya of mine.

Youā€™ve probably found it already, but if not, be sure to check the Artist Collectors Thread for lists of various artists. Props on the collection accomplishments thus far, and best of luck completing those goals!

2 Likes

Great backstory, and welcome to efour! Sounds like youā€™ve done some serious collecting, would love to see pictures of your collection one day. And solid profile pic, love that guy.

1 Like

This is where my brain went:

Welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome @DJGary. Thatā€™s quite a collection journey in a short time since reentry! I myself a few cards away from completing my Komiya binder.I also love the Japanese old school promos and have been collecting them awhile

1 Like

Hello, lurker and Raichu fan here. I collected in ye olden days as a teenager and came back in to it after winning a Team Rocket sealed booster box, which I sold on to start my main mission.

I want to collect every English Raichu variant graded as mint, down to 11 left to get and canā€™t seem to track those down in good condition!

17 Likes

Welcome to e4!

I love Raichu. Definitely an underappreciated Pokemon. I especially like Alolan Raichu. Psychic and Electric is such a cool type pairing, and it is SO cute in the anime.

3 Likes

Heck yea Raichu is awesome, best of luck on the final 11!

2 Likes

Raichu is an early favorite od mine as well! Great mon. Loved the call in gen 1.
Welcome to the fourum, @Kijamon!

4 Likes

Welcome @Kijamon !

2 Likes