“Wavy” psa labels

Hey efour! I have noticed a few of my graded psa cards have a slightly “wavy label”. What I mean is, the label doesn’t sit completely flat. It looks like it could almost be “warped” like moisture got in the slab. All my graded cards go directly into my collection with silica desiccants to absorbe any moisture. The only way I could see this happening is when I bring them in from the mail box. It is really cold where I live. I could bring a -10 degree graded psa card in to my 68 degree house and they always get a little fog of condensation on the outside of the slab, because of this drastic temperature change.

So I’m asking you. Are slightly wavy labels normal? Am I over thinking this? The cards are still in mint condition but those slightly wavy “warped” labels drive me insane! Thanks!

It’s normal, not moisture. Though I’m yet to try it, I believe the cases are waterproof.

2 Likes

Normal

1 Like

I had the thought before so I headed over to Youtube. A former member (since banned) confirmed on Youtube that the cases are not always waterproof. I have seen some sports card collectors show that certain times the cases are. So I think it isn’t always one way or the other. Perhaps it is different with the newest iteration, but I doubt they are all 100% waterproof in the case of total submersion.

2 Likes

Normal, unfortunately.

1 Like

Finally a legit PSA complaint lol. I hate those wavy labels. They often come that way right from PSA.

3 Likes

Aren’t they folded over stickers? I bet it has more to do with the conditions in which they were folded (and the accuracy) more than how the card is kept once it arrives… My Shadowless Charizard has a pretty wavy label which is lame but all my other cards are fine.

1 Like

Just take advantage of this gift from PSA. I can see it now…

ERROR “WAVY” PSA LABEL MISFOLD. ONE OF A KIND. VHTF

2 Likes

No Charizard Shining Gold Star

3 Likes

Yes the wavy labels drive me crazy!!! I didn’t realize they come that way from PSA. Thanks for the input. I feel better knowing it’s not moisture haha.