How do you protect your cards from humidity?

It recently came to my attention that quite a few of my graded card’s PSA labels have wrinkled due to moisture. Is this reversible at all? I didn’t realise that this was a thing. I thought once a card’s in a PSA case it’s protected forever. So how does everyone store their cards? I have some expensive ones in a plastic container too. Is this alright (I’m in the process of getting silica packets)? At the end of the day I want these cards to last forever so looking at the best ways to store them. Oh and anyone with experience using a display case would be great as I believe humidity built up whilst they were in there.
Thanks,
Alex

I use silica packets, a ton of them.

So do you have the cards in a container with the silica packets in them? Or just in the room/storage place?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think that’s from moisture because I’ve had cards come back already like that.

The cards are kept in a container which also contains silica packets.

Nah I bought some off of Gary too. Looked back at the photos and the labels looked perfect but now they are a bit crinkled. I’ll post a photo so you can see what I mean. I’ve only had the Alakazam for a few weeks so it could be worse. But you can see in the magneton it’s a little worse as I’ve had it for longer.

I also thought this was normal cause I see labels on ebay like this. Never thought much of it. Kind of concerned now lol.

That is completely normal. I have received Illustrators directly from psa with a slightly crinkled label.

1 Like

Can this affect the cards even when there encased? Like can they crinkle like the psa sign has?

I think it’s getting worse though. When I got these cards the labels weren’t crinkled but now most of them are. For example I bought most of my psa 9 jungle/fossil holos straight from a seller who cracked the box. Check the photos in my thread here as @milhouse was the one who alerted me to this… plus I was comparing photos from when I got the cards to now and there is definitely a difference. Is there anything else it could be?

Spinch’s Collection- Old School WOTC Cards + More

r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=109702&share_tid=8724&url=http%3A%2F%2Fefour%2Eproboards%2Ecom%2Fthread%2F8724&share_type=t

Even if the wrinkles are not from humidity it doesn’t hurt to be cautious. If you keep the cards in a sealed environment, silica packs should do the job. Otherwise look into getting a dehumidifier to remove moisture from the whole room.

1 Like

Move to Vegas baby:)

9 Likes

I am using silica packets of course but can moisture really harm a card that is encased in a PSA case?

It’s probably chemtrails.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Anyone know if PSA cases are waterproof? … this sounds like a great video for my youtube… TESTING NOW, will be back with the results lol.

I would love too, but…

1. Immigrating while between jobs doesn’t work
  2. Me no speaky American
  3. I have to stay away from things that make me wanna gamble again
1 Like

Next video… Will it blend?

Next video… 1000 degree knife vs PSA case.

4 Likes

I watched a video a couple months back where a guy was in a flood, and he had 3 psa graded cards and he came home to them being completely fine. He even cracked one and showed how it was completely dry. Now I dont reccommend dunking your cards under the sink haha.

1 Like

Actually, seriously guys, i am considering adding a water feature and small garden near part of my collection. Do you think this would be a bad idea? next to cards or sealed goods? maybe some ants /bugs will crawl in, i am unsure… probably should use fake plants.