Viral's stash of sealed + promo JP!

I posted in the recent purchases thread yesterday with a picture of tonnes of boxes full of JP sealed goods + boxes and boxes full of holos and promo’s. These were all bought in Japan between 2015-17 and I shipped them back to my family in the UK. I’m home now and taking a look through them and I want to document here what I find!

I am not intending for this to be a ‘pretty’ thread; I’m going box by box and will post things as I find them. I likely won’t get through everything in the time I’m here but will be back over Xmas for whatever else there is. Apologies in advance for potential double posting as I have waves of sorting through stuff with some updates. I have videos I want to share too, so if anyone knows a good way to upload them please let me know!

For some backstory, most of these were collection purposes though I was also selling to the UK and US marketplace. I sometimes think I singlehandedly messed up the JP market by increasing the interest abroad in JP product. Those “fun packs” that mandarake and other stores sold where you pay 30$ and get a pack of 100 random holos? I literally bought all of them every day to beef up my collection and sometimes auctioned them off. They of course no longer sell these.

For reference, if cards/goods have price stickers on them I will not be removing them, so it can give you an idea of how much some of these cost just ~6 years ago. Prices might be on the back so if you’re curious about something let me know and if I get a chance I’ll check for you. Please note that I’m in the process of trying to bring everything back to JP and not currently selling. If there is something extremely rare that’s pertinent to your collection and you might never see it again if you don’t get it from me, please do let me know :joy:. And that doesn’t apply to mass-produced cards lol.

Anyways, hope this will be fun to look back on with me!

26 Likes

Looking forward to this journey!

That Red/Green quick starter box on top <3!

3 Likes

Post #1: I’d ideally like to sort through things before I take pictures but there was this random rocket box with some amazing stuff inside so wanted to get pics of these up first.

Inside:

• ~1000 loose holographics and promo’s (unfortunately not all sleeved).
  • Topsun booster pack (with the gum still inside lol)
  • 3x ANA boarding passes
  • Pokémon Center Osaka sticker
  • 6x sealed fun packs (see below).

Fun pack info: I gave some info in the post above but essentially these were blocks of cards with a theme. Usually all holo cards and I essentially bought these every day to fill my entire collection. These are ones that I likely intended to auction but never got around to doing. Info on these from the visible cards:

• Pikachu: EXes and promo’s (not clear if all or some)
  • Suicune: all Meiji (it mentions holo but not clear if all or some)
  • Shining mew: 100 cards all holo (I usually got some gold stars and the like in these!)
  • Rayquaza: holo EX and promos (again not clear if all or some)
  • Charizard: all holo (some UR, SR)
  • Cd Zard: all old backs

28 Likes

This is going to be so much fun to follow along with!

2 Likes

Drool

2 Likes

This looks incredible, can’t wait to see more updates

1 Like

Can’t wait to see everything!

1 Like

Post #2: I’ve organised quite a lot, and took a couple of pictures of things I’m likely not going to be bringing back to JP with me.

Some poncho hand towels and other various pokemon center 1st anniv gifts.

A couple of sealed booster boxes:

An opened jungle booster box with some sealed packs. This was how I bought it, and have left the jungle packs in the bag they were in. Not sure how many, I didn’t open any. But still cool nonetheless.

Hyper sticker collection. All packs inside sealed.

5 of these blister packs

GBC carry case. Actually bought this in a TK Maxx in the UK but it found its way in these boxes.

These 3 bandai/carddass folders. Black one has some damage, but the blue one is actually full and likely complete!

A little random, but some Fuji/Hokusai art stuff:

Some more sealed stuff :slight_smile:

Much cooler stuff coming soon!

29 Likes

@Viral Just a heads up that those Stitch Touch/Fancy Graffiti cards have probably gone up a crazy amount since you’ve purchased them. As someone who has now bought three different sets of them, I’d personally say grade them if about 40-50% of them have a chance at 10’s. A full ST set seems to be around 1k and FG is a little less. One of my sets of both Stitch Touch and Fancy Graffiti will be up on PWCC hopefully by next week so you can probably use those as a decent place to see pricing on em…

And if you wanna sell them… OR ANY OF THE CHARMANDERS YOU FIND IN THERE… lemme know… lol

2 Likes

Thank you!! Didn’t know that was their name actually. Since it’s a full set I’d likely not touch them, but pretty sure I have many more copies somewhere else!!

If you see anything else as I upload pics do let me know :wink: . Will keep the charmanders in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Kanagawa Wave stuff :heart_eyes:

This will be an awesome thread to follow, thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Wow. What kind of Great Wave stuff is that, aside from the card sleeves? I might be super interested in some of that!

1 Like

I think I have a pack of sleeves, uchiwa (hand fan), noren (Japanese style curtains) and a hand towel. Potentially one more item but I’m out at the moment so can’t check.

Post #3: one more random box of misc sealed stuff and cards I’ll showcase before completing the sorting. If someone can tell me how to upload the slideshow of pictures then I’ll add some closeups of some items.

The box before trawling through everything:

Everything inside:

Everything coming up are just closeups. A few booster boxes:

Some deck boxes. Unfortunately mandarake put their sticker on the seal and I don’t want to try to remove it.

And some great sealed blisters (I seem to have many more throughout these boxes so I’ll picture them all together later!)

Sealed play promo flareon! This was actually quite expensive even back then (27k).

Pokémon Fan Club 096/PCG-P.

Sealed celebi ex + mew ex play promo

2x sealed charizard ex art collection

Full Jumbo Sealddass set. I have great pics of all of these inserts that I’d love to upload if I can work out the slideshow!

21 Likes

Do you think PSA will ever grade the Air Nippon gold passes? They’re quite vulnerable to scratches.

3 Likes

I hope so! I have quite a few but yeah would be great to get them in cases. If you know of other authenticators who do this please let me know!

1 Like

@Viral to add a slideshow of pictures, click reply, at the top of the pop up box you’ll see icons at the top, click the landscape photo at the middle right. It will say “add photos” in the middle of some coding text. Here you can copy and paste a list of as many photos as you want. No need for spaces between pasting it takes care of the formatting for you.

1 Like

Edit: that didn’t seem to work so will try again later!

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes