Video about the Logan case

Interesting video making the rounds. Please note, I am not pro or against this video nor am I pro or against Logan. Lots of facts though.

Edit: Credit to @rattlebear !

34 Likes

Are you the guy in the video? If so, solid analysis (I see a lot of your posts on IG)

Not me, no.

Has always seemed - as the kids says nowadays - “sus” from the beginning. LP should just open a flap like Gary did.

6 Likes

Seems like the premium for having a sealed case is actually devaluing the boxes in this situation. Need to open the case to make sure there are 6 sealed boxes in it.

3 Likes

@rattlebear the maker of the video is on here.

It was a good and interesting video. Seems like the barcode scan would be a pretty damning thing. The to do’s would be to get better pictures of @garyis2000 s case and see what the sticker looks like as well as what the UPC is. I don’t know if he would have any time for that any time soon, but hopefully someday.

I did watch the video but haven’t had time to dive in too deep. It is strange to me after a quick look that the code for a single box seems the same for unlimited and base 1st. (WOC06034) Unfortunate

12 Likes

This is a pic of a 1st ed blister case. Just throwing it in to help (if it does)

6 Likes

Man there are some serious big brain people out there :grimacing::grimacing: insane video! Top job great watch :blush:

2 Likes

Did LP pull the instagram post of the case?

2 Likes

Great video!

At this point I hope Logon just opens the box. Definitely more than a few out there praying he keeps it sealed.

1 Like

Great detective work @rattlebear and all those involved. Very informative video

4 Likes

All hail Rattle! Speaker of truth!

Edit - Never watched Rattles YouTube. Quality stuff, not afraid to call out scammers or drop truth bombs.

3 Likes

Listened to most of it the other night. When I heard about it, I was already pretty skeptical. I mean, when you hear Gary talk about what he did to even manage to get a case back in 1999 and how much effort/money it took to get it, it seemed very unlikely that Logan would have found a real one this many years later to me. The price seems right, but the legitimacy of such a box and the stories that the seller was sharing had nothing but a scam written all over it (as outlined in this video).

2 Likes

Baseball card exchange =P

2 Likes

The only debate should be if there are even sealed base set packs in there let alone 1st edition base

1 Like

Hopefully LP opens the case and they are able to track down and punish the original seller once it’s confirmed a dud case

1 Like

Crazy. I agree that you gotta open a flap for something like this tbh as much as it hurts

1 Like

Interesting, seems he did. Box is fake no doubt.

2 Likes

A very well-researched video, great work @rattlebear. It’s pretty interesting to see such in-depth research confirm what a lot of Pokemon collectors with experience and in-depth knowledge knew from the start: the case is way too suspect to touch. One of the great things about Rattle’s video is that he not only goes through the specific evidence on why the case is fake (or at least not an authentic 1st ed booster case), but why it ended up this way.

The only people who would touch it were sports flippers who didn’t have the knowledge and experience to know something was wrong. And even then, the sports flippers knew this was a hot potato. The meelypops quote about leaving money on the table to immediately shift it after it was “authenticated” by BBCE is damning. This is apparently the only sealed 1st edition Base Pokemon case in existence, we’re in the biggest boom period for Pokemon since 1999 and maybe ever, and you’re asking for zero premium on it?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether the sports flippers eventually realized what they had (or didn’t have). It was a massive stroke of genius to sell the case to the 1st edition Base Pokemon collector with the biggest bank account but the least amount of knowledge. And you can’t really blame Logan for this, especially if he was being fed fake info about BBCE and their “guarantee” by the sports flippers.

All in all, a situation I hope gets resolved but might take quite a few lawyers before it actually does. Remember kids, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.

30 Likes

I guess Gary’s case being a known authentic holds the answers. But for a transaction like this gotta crack the case to confirm what you’re buying

4 Likes