Vault Marketplace vs. Auctions

Can anyone explain how PWCC Vault Marketplace works? Is it basically the same as PWCC Auctions, but with “Buy-It-Now” and “Best Offer” listings? Are they still listed on eBay under PWCC’s account? Are there any major advantages or disadvantages over PWCC Auctions? Does anyone here use or recommend this service?

*Mods: I wasn’t sure if this would belong in the PWCC Megathread, since that discussion is primarily focused on auction results.

1 Like

You got it. You set the fixed price and you can list whenever instead of waiting a month for an auction. It is listed under the pwcc vault ebay page not the pwcc auction page

2 Likes

PWCC have a separate eBay account for their marketplace listings: www.ebay.com/sch/pwcc_vault.

From my perspective…
Main advantage: you never have to physically own the cards you’re flipping.
Main disadvantage: if prices shoot up you can’t just quickly tweak your listing’s price without going through PWCC.

2 Likes

Dunno about that. It takes 2 seconds to update my listed prices lol

2 Likes

How does payment work when you sell something? I assume they cover all of the shipping expenses/fees from their set fee schedule and direct deposit the remaining sale amount into the user’s account. Do they use PayPal or bank account (or both)? How long does it take for payments? Sorry for all the questions. I’m a long-time eBay seller, but interested in giving this a try for some higher value items.

1 Like

You got it again. Fee works exactly like auction fee schedule. They deposit the proceeds to your pwcc marketplace account and then you can use it towards paying stuff you win, vault fees, or just request a payout (I normally receive a check but you can do ach etc). My last sale they deposited the proceeds in like 3 days but they do say it can take up to 2 weeks

2 Likes

@pokecollectoramy, Thanks for help!

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind though is when you send everything to the vault there is an intake fee and it must be paid before they move from vault to vault marketplace for you

1 Like

@pokecollectoramy, Just to check my understanding, the intake fee says “1% of insurance value with a maximum fee of $100 per card”. I assume that means 1% of the item’s declared submission value, so any cards over $10,000 would max out at $100 a piece? And that’s a one-time fee correct?

1 Like

Can you send ungraded cards to PWCC? Also how about CGC graded cards? Thanks for asking Pokemon Classics! I didn’t even know Pwcc had buy it now options.

1 Like

I could be mistaken, but I believe PWCC Vault accepts both, but they don’t auction ungraded.

1 Like

Bingo. 1% archival/intake fee, however, in my case they have charged based on what they select as the insured value (which seems to be on the lower side usually but you can request for higher). You also have to pay a prorated “Monthly First-Year Storage Fee” which depends on how long it sits in the vault before you move it to the marketplace. As an example, I recently sent a card I would have valued at 10,000, but pwcc valued it at 7500 for insurance purposes, and it stayed in the vault for 2 days before moving to the marketplace. They charged me $75 for archival and $0.21 for the monthly fee. They have since updated the insurance value to 10k but have not charged me the additional $25.

1 Like

I have sent psa, cgc and bgs. All accepted no problem. You definitely used to be able to send ungraded to the vault for storage(I have done it) but you cannot sell them in the marketplace. Im not sure if that changed after october 15th with their new rules. You definitely cannot send ungraded to auction.

1 Like

@pokemon Classics The vault market place will sell ungraded cards tho? I’m not selling anything for ages but it’s nice knowing all the possible selling options ahead of time. I’ll most likely grade every card I own before selling. Even 5-7 grade cards just because it proves exact condition.