USPS says delivered but...

Why me? Man it seems like every time things seems to start going good with my collection and I find a nice piece to add something goes wrong or falls through. So about a week ago I see some really hard to find Japanese Pokemon pin sets. Literally so excited to have them. Get the notification that said they were out for delivery and I can’t wait to see them. Low and behold when I get home the package is no where to be found. I had some other packages delivered no problem but THIS package is just not there. I check the tracking and it says it was delivered with the others. I went to EVERY house on my street and it wasn’t delivered. The mail was physically handed to my wife so it wasn’t left on the porch or in the mailbox. It’s just GONE. I am hoping with every fiber of my being it makes it’s way here tomorrow, but in my experienced I will probably never see those pins.

:sob:

I hope you can pin down what happened to the package

14 Likes

Ask your neighbours?

It might also be at the post office and will arrive tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

@joshius, happens to me pretty regularly haha. I’d check with the sender to make sure they wrote the right address. If they did, it’ll show up, I’ve had packages show up as delivered and they only appear a few days later, once as much as a week. I’ve only ever had to hunt down a package once and it was because the sender wrote the wrong address.

@nevyn, That pun really did cheer me up a bit lol

@pokemontrader, I live in a pretty small cul-de-sac so it wasn’t too hard to ask all my neighbors and none of them saw anything. Unless they are lying and I honestly would hate to even consider that. I sure hope it shows up tomorrow. I also plan on calling my local USPS but they were closed by the time I got home.

@arkhive, That makes me feel a bit better. I have seen something similar when they couldn’t fit all the packages in my mail box, but they filled my mailbox and then delivered a bigger box to my door. So I don’t’ see how they could miss that one. I will keep everyone posted, but I am not getting my hopes up. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised then extremely disappointed.

3 Likes

I’ve had plenty of packages get scanned as delivered then they show up the next day. With COVID there are more mistakes so don’t freak out just yet

1 Like

I have had the same issue and had the items show up a few days later. Only once did I have a package that they delivered to my backyard storage shed. And stuck inside the door. Get “lost” after about 6 months needed to get out the snow blower and found it.

It will turn up but please update us in a few days.

1 Like

I was hoping it would :blush:

Don’t give up yet, the tracking updates are sometimes inaccurate. Let’s hope that’s just the case here

I have an update but it’s definitely not a good one. I called USPS to have them check and they told me that the address doesn’t match the address on the package. They couldn’t give me the info because I couldn’t verify that address. I contacted the seller and on his end, it says it was delivered to a street called Braidwood while I live on Brookwood. Braidwood doesn’t exist in my area at all. There is a briarwood, but there is no house with my number. To make matters even more frustrating is the seller printed the label through eBay which shows my correct address. I feel like I am between a rock and hard place here. Other than going door to door down Briarwood I don’t see other recourse for me. I will get my money back but that’s not the point. I will probably NEVER find these pins again

FINAL UPDATE!

After losing all hope with eBay (literally zero help) and the national USPS hotline (almost less help if you can believe it) I finally was able to get a call through to my local post office. A very nice woman was able to check the GPS on the tracking and narrow down the exact house it was delivered at. She then pulled my mail carrier off of her route to check to see if it was still in the box. LOW AND BEHOLD the package WAS still in the box and now my items are safely in my possession!

They told me I was EXTREMELY lucky that it was still there. If it was removed there would be nothing they could have done. I am very thankful for all the help and support you guys offered.

If anyone is interested in the pins I was so worried about I posted a pic in my collection thread:

www.elitefourum.com/t/joshius-collection-thread-q-a-video/18686/1

8 Likes

That’s amazing! Very glad to hear that it worked out and that you could pinpoint the location of the package in the end :wink:

2 Likes

@joshius,oh man I wish my local usps was helpful, but never saw my psa 10 alakazam link promo (gone forever)

I like that you are extremely lucky that they did there job and delivered it to the right address… getting things delivered properly is there only job for them to say that is disheartening:(

not all heros wear capes…

@stevethemagicguy, She meant as in if they had removed it from the box then there would have been nothing they could’ve done. They acknowledged it was the mail carriers fault.

@thirdeye, I know right! lol