URGENT: Buying Staryu #84 EX Delta Species Reverse Holos [SECURED]

I raided TCGPlayer a couple nights ago, decided to pass on this one. Too askew.

At this point it’s really the “perfect one” I’m after. I have plenty of runner ups to choose from and will select one if I must. But this is such a rare opportunity for me and something I will look upon very often, so I want the candidate to be truly splendid.

The centering is a problem on all the near mint ones, and the condition is unacceptable on all the centered ones. We call this the “Stagecoach Curse.”

2 Likes

I have a person that you could speak to if you want a release from this torment :brain: :melting_face: :hospital:

6 Likes

I can’t just lobotomize my problems away, Dyl. I have a cat to feed.

6 Likes

No interest in a Japanese copy (nonholo)?

Certainly some. I ordered a couple sight-unseen from a site I’m not familiar with (TCG Republic) but would also buy up pristine opportunities of that print.

I know plenty of companies with lobotomized employees and executive officers :upside_down_face:

1 Like

you should hook him up! you have the whole market of ex era reverses! :wink:

If you cut the larger border down, you can make it perfectly symmetrical

4 Likes

Maybe you can put up a request in the pkmntcgtrades subreddit too? Might as well exhaust all options!

Ugh. They are all like this. They are all OC to the left.

I counted the pixels, that middle Staryu has a 47px left to 51px right ratio. Is that not good enough for you? :joy:

8 Likes

Buddy, I’m currently evaluating over a period of several days and numerous glance tests if this card is acceptable for my collection.

Guess which way I’m leaning.

4 Likes

Probably to the right…just like that card’s centering… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My vote is towards “clinically insane” :duck:

14 Likes

Would an insane guy do this?

(sobs uncontrollably into my hands)

4 Likes

You poor, centering-focused man

Poor one out for ‘coach

holds Mayo jar upside down until something falls out

2 Likes

Maybe they could jut poke the part of the brain that cares about centering

4 Likes

New game: will any of the candidates I ordered from the UK arrive in time? Place your bets!

It’s already been difficult to receive mail from the UK for two months, so I was nervous to begin with. But I still bought out everything that was available just in case. Now they’ve halted international mail entirely due to cyber attacks. Between these two factors I’m expecting to never receive the shipments, as has repeatedly been the case already.

Of course, several of the better-looking candidates were in this pool. The name of this name is Stagecoach Must Suffer, and it is a rollicking show!

1 Like

This thread has left me with one big question though: does the centering obsession go beyond cardboard? I imagine @stagecoach going on dates with people and afterward telling friends, “Yeah they were nice but their nose was too far to the left, I just don’t think I could look at that every day for the rest of my life, you know?”

8 Likes

You can rest assured my verifiable derangement when it comes to even borders extends only to items in frames — which includes Pokémon cards and their printed frames. At least Pokémon cards can’t get dust behind the glass.

I am far more forgiving to the humans in my collection.

5 Likes