RIP: Cards that "Got Away"

Show a card/auction that you desperately wanted to win, but were snipped, walked away, missed the deadline, etc.

Pour one out for me losing this beautiful card. :beer: :wine_glass: :sob:

15 Likes

So you’re the guy I sniped
jk

8 Likes

4 Likes

Earlier this March

Wasn’t quick enough on the trigger

17 Likes

Oooof
 what a beautiful set @Tapp. :beers: Maybe you’ll be able to attend a Midori Harada signing in the future and recreate this trio.

2 Likes

For me it was a BIN back in the fall of 2021. PSA 10 1st Ed Jungle Wiggly for $500. Asked the buyer to ship to Canada instead of just using my ShipMyCards account. Card was gone within a minute.

Still irks me :pensive:

4 Likes

Whoah, now that would have been a deal. I’ve seen them holding consistently around $1,500-$1,900 in recent months.

1 Like

I missed a small collection of German cards containing a Latias Goldstar
 it was listed for 5€ BIN :smiling_face_with_tear:

The title of the listing simply translates to “Latios and Latias cards”.

14 Likes

And prices were higher in fall 2021 than they are now, too.

Those colorless WOTC holos are always hard to grade.

2 Likes

I’ve missed a few deals this year. I don’t have pics of all, but some that come to mind are:

• PSA 10 1st Ed Base Wartortle on eBay for well under $1000 (might have been $600ish)
  • PSA 10 1st Ed Base Bulbasaur under $1000
  • Several E-series sets raw in NM or better cheap

I’ve also seen several other cards fly under the radar or finish at low bids in the first half of this year. Mostly between March-June but it’s been more stable lately I find.

1 Like

I was about to buy a 1st ed rocket box for $2k in 2019 but chickened out cause in reality that still is a lot of money lol.

11 Likes

Wow that Bulbasaur was $29k under market value.

21 Likes

What was your max bid on that PSA 9 Hooh if you dont mind sharing? Saw one went for over $2k USD on PWCC recently.

For Pokemon
a PSA 10 signed by Arita Giovanni’s Scheme. Guy wanted $1600 and I offered $1250. Late 2019, maybe early 2020. Yeah.

For sports, Ronaldo megacraques rookie PSA 10 for $3900 in 2018 from PWCC. It was just too much for me to justify but even then I knew it was a steal. One sold for over $300k in the bubble last year

7 Likes

Saw some Gold Star Umbreon and Espeon sell below $1k each and at the time I was taking the approach of saving the most expensive for last.

6 Likes

i feel this all the time. it was so much money back then, and it was - even though it’s easy to rationalize just because the prices are so much higher today.

2 Likes

I passed on all of the following. No regrets.

PSA 10 Crystal Nidoking - $600
NM Base Charizard Unlimited and 1st ed Neo Lugia - $130
PSA 10 Skyridge Kabutops and Nidoqueen - $260
PSA 10 Skyride Starmie - $130
NM Mew Gold Star - $90
Japanese Master Battle Set - Pre orders at MSRP

I swear these don’t keep me up at night

5 Likes

She doesn’t sign Pokemon Cards anymore xD

resellers had to ruin everything. maybe the new pokemon company oversight + personalization will allow her to reconsider in the future.

11 Likes