Upcoming Shining Legends expansion discussion

So Japan released their Sun & Moon Shining Legends Set in Mid July and now its scheduled to release in English October 6th.
IMHO the release of the shining legends set was a blast, beautiful artwork. The shiny exclusives looking nice with textured artwork.
The Japanese SM3+ Master Set currently is looking around 200- 300 USD on ebay (Thats some money for 82 cards).

What are you thoughts on the english version? Will it get the same attention or better than the Japanese Version?
What will the price of the master set be like? Any value in holding the product?

Here’s hoping the shining are harder to pull. If and then that is the case, this set will be worth it. I’m talking old school pull rates.

Well, how were the pull rates in the japanese packs? That should give us an idea, right?

At least one regular holo per pack. 2 shining cards per box if you buy it by the box. Full art varied but seemed to be 1 per every 3 boxes. Hyper rares unpredictable. A few gx cards per box.

Lol this comment has been said so many times by experienced collectors.

The old Shining cards were 3-4 per booster box. Making them 1:9-1:12 packs.

That’s exactly how Shining Legends came out. 1:10.

1 Like

This set will be printed into oblivion like most other new English sets.

The only thing which should go up in value is the big ho-oh box.

MAYBE the Mewtwo and Pikachu mini-boxes will behave similar to the mythical mew box… but they just reprinted all the mythical boxes after the last one came out.

2 Likes

Did they actually reprint the 11x Mythical boxes though? At one point distributors were actually having trouble fulfilling orders and the prices of the boxes were quite high on eBay and even Amazon etc. To be honest I thought the Mythical Collection boxes were discontinued a lot earlier than I had thought they would be.

People were posting photos of restocks in local big box stores on fb. Maybe they had some more sitting in a warehouse or they fired up the printers again.

So, it looks like the Shining Ho-Oh, Celebi, and Lugia are just going to be promos, and the others will probably have Generations-esque pull rates. Even the scratch-prone DP shinies still had the thrill of the chase. Such disappoint.

Struggling to not be taken in by the hype, decided to sell a few cards i’d been hesitating parting with but the artwork is great and that box art is just drenched in nostalgia.

Definitely gonna keep a few of the boxes sealed and hope for the best down the line.

The thing is that we have Crimson Invasion following up, just one month after the release of Shining Legends. I don’t know by how much, but maybe priority might be given to the print of Crimson Invasion instead. And as you said the Mewtwo and Pikachu Boxes might behave like the mew collection box. I have to agree that the Ho-oh box is the go to.

But what I don’t understand is that why not just include Celebi and Lugia into the regular set? Why do they have to be Promos? If they were alternate arts HELL YEAH I’ll go for them…