S&M Shining Legends - sooner or later right?

Hey all,

Recently, there’s been some cool reveals about the upcoming Sun and Moon expansion Shining Legends.

It looks like we will be getting some nice new Shinings! Rayquaza, Mew, Lugia, etc. in June for Japanese and October for English.

Let’s get the conversation rolling. Some questions I’d like to hear some feedbacks on:

Will this be another massive release by Nintendo in terms of volume?

Does that mean I should just go ahead and be patient on letting the market stabilize before jumping in to collect the new Shining cards?

Will new generations of Shinings make the old neo-era shinings be more popular?

Will this set be of super high print quality again which makes PSA 10 less of a prize?

Let’s hear what you all have to say!

I’ll probably get an English box just for my own enjoyment of opening packs, hopefully snag a few nice looking cards that I’ll grade myself. I’m no expert but I feel like Shining Legends is going to be big because it has a TON of coveted cards.

Will this be another massive release by Nintendo in terms of volume?

Well, I’m not sure if you have been following any of the other sets, but recently Nintendo has been printing a TON of each set. So I will say – yes to this one!

Does that mean I should just go ahead and be patient on letting the market stabilize before jumping in to collect the new Shining cards?

I mean with any new set, cards are the most expensive for the 2 weeks following release. After that they do stabilize, but sometimes the market will drive certain cards higher or lower, depends on playability or whether or not they are a desirable pokemon. I would say if you aren’t going to open yourself, then definitely wait for a bit, but not too long before the next set comes out!

Will new generations of Shinings make the old neo-era shinings be more popular?

I don’t know about this. Personally I think that the newer generation of shinings is really quite extraordinary so I’m not sure. Maybe I’m biased because of Jirachi but that’s okay.

Will this set be of super high print quality again which makes PSA 10 less of a prize?

Well look at the more recent charizards that have been coming out. People have been scooping them up to grade by the boatloads. They definitely won’t command as high of a price as older WOTC cards.

It would be difficult to distinguish whether or not the Neo Shinings are rising because of demand or people being reminded they exist. If you want them they’ll never be cheaper than they are right now though… Shining Chairzard just keeps climbing.

Operate under the assumption that any English set which comes out in the next year or so will have huge print runs.

If you want to just buy Shinings… the BW secret rare Ray, Blastoise and Charizard is your best bet.

Print quality for the rare and above will be nice in Japan, for lower rarity it will depend if they changed the cutting blades after SM3.

Prices will drop, buying the first few weeks is almost alelways more expensive. If you are only buying one card and it’s playable you might be taking a risk. If you are buying a few/many you will save money.

My comments are just for Japanese cards.

We already have a dedicated thread to that set :slight_smile: