Unique Japanese Reverse Holo Patterns

Cannot really find anything online with a list of the reverse holo patterns that are unique to Japanese sets, I know the new pokeball and master ball holo patterns in the 151 set have been popular, and there is some new odd pattern for the Shiny Treasure set that recently released. Does anyone have a list of the sets that have their own patterns for reverse holos?

Pretty much any speciality set has a unique reverse holo pattern. Best of XY, Shiny Star V, etc

3 Likes

Best of XY is the GOAT for reverses

4 Likes

Could be a useful article if someone wants to put it together

4 Likes

A while ago I was going to make a thread asking for an updated version of @quuador s answer to this topic and then I thought maybe it would be even better to make an actual article laying out not only which Japanese sets had reverse holos but maybe even a photo associated with each one to showcase the variety they have.

Originally I needed help hunting down which sets had reverse holos for my Japanese Komiya binder and Bulbapedia can be very cryptic at times when figuring out what has reverse and what doesn’t.

2 Likes

I enjoy collecting these. There are also special holo patterns on individual cards, half deck cards, promos etc… here are some examples from the criteria you mentioned.

Shiny Treasure ex :

Arceus:

Best of XY:

Shiny Collection:

Mythical Shine:

Ultra Shiny GX:

PokeKyun Glitter & Hearts:

EX Battle Boost:

Black & White

Cracked Ice Promos:

V Star Universe:

Misc:

17 Likes

BoXY and Ultra Shiny GX :goat:

This is wonderful, exactly what I was envisioning in my previous post! :sob: Thanks!

2 Likes

This was something i noticed was missing and was planning to start at some point, but i hope your suggestion makes someone else interested in doing it too since with my pace gen 11 is out before i’m on it

are these your pics? is it ok for me to use these for a post with a bit more info for each of the patterns?

Yes, they are mine. Yes, that’s fine!

Here are some that were mentioned/alluded to above with pictures (not mine):

25th Anniversary:

Shiny Star V:

VMAX Climax:

2 Likes