Reverse holos Japanese?

Greetings fellow PokeManiacs!

Bit of a newbie with Japanese cards, just opened my first Japanese booster box (Matchless Fighters) and had a lot of fun! Noticed that there were no reverse holos, so that got me wondering if that is the case for all Japanese sets and if so, why?

(BTW loved the regular holos where the boarder around the card also is nice and shiny.)

Although there are some exceptions, in general Japanese sets indeed lack Reverse Holos.

There are just a few Japanese sets which contain both non-Holo and Reverse Holo cards:

There are also a bunch of Japanese sets with only Reverse Holo versions, without non-Holos:

There are probably a few more sets I forgot about.
(Almost) every other Japanese sets won’t contain any Reverse Holos.

You’ll have to ask The Pokémon Company that question. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

Very interesseting! Guess I’ll have to pick up the phone and call my friend Ishihara-san then

Where do you buy Japanese boxes from ? I’m trying to find the eevee heroes for pre order :man_shrugging:

Got my Matchless Fighters box from a guy on a local Facebook group, he has family over in Japan so not from any official source I’m afraid! @johnashton,

Shiny Star V also contains reverse holos doesn’t it?

Yep, you’re right. Those contain Reverse Holos as well. :blush: I probably forgot some more sets. I just quickly went through my own collection document when I created that list above. They were meant as an example that there are certain sets with Reverse Holos in Japanese, but most are without.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like