What sets "reverse holos" are in the cards picture?

Howdy folks! Without me going through every sets reverse holo style (I made it to mysterious treasures), I was wondering if someone could tell me which sets (if any) after the ex series cards reverse holo patterns are in the picture rather then the text portion of the card. I would greatly appreciate it! Merry Christmas everyone!

English only?

I hadnā€™t considered that, but no I guess all languages!

None I believe. Only ex series with reverses in the picture frame come from hidden legends - ex power keepers

2 Likes

The reason why I asked was because of some Japanese sets I was thinking of. I re-read your post and realized specifically you asked about ā€œreverseā€ holo patterns in the frame of the Pokemon vice the text side. I thought I saw some promos of some cards that came in a set had a reverse pattern in the frame but I would have to sift through a ton of cards. I can not think of any sets on top of my head that do. If you have a specific example just to visualize, please share.

Man when I was working my way through the sets it through me for a loop that they were calling that a reverse holo. It seems silly as they are most definitely not reverse holo by definition.

Donā€™t bother sifting through a bunch of cards man, youā€™re the second to say that those are the only sets that did it. So thanks for chiming in! But as far as a reference for instance FRLG sets reverse holos is what I like vs. The reverses of diamond and pearl reverses.

1 Like

Yeah haha itā€™s wild isnā€™t it? It makes no sense at all, Iā€™m not sure whoā€™s idea it was but Iā€™d like to hear their logic on it. Butttt I like it alot! Cause it gives me the opportunity to have a holo (in the sense of wotc holos that is) diglet and bellsprout, unlike previous sets haha.

1 Like

@aquaz is indeed right, the only sets with ā€˜Reverse Holosā€™ that have a holo artwork instead of everything else are the EX Hidden Legends to and including EX Power Keepers (PS: Holofoil Rares are also available as these ā€˜Reverse Holosā€™, in which case the name/rarity symbol/hp is usually gold, and they have a set stamp in the bottom-right of the artwork. Here an example of a Reverse Holo Delibird.)

There are of course blister promos where the artwork is Holofoil despite being the same set number as the commons, but those are exceptions and not across the entire set. Here are two examples:

There are some sets with special Holofoils, like Mirror Holofoil, Shattered Holofoil, or Starfoil Holofoil (Japanese and Korean sets only), but apart from those EX era sets, there arenā€™t any with Holofoil artworks as ā€˜Reverse Holoā€™ variation a.f.a.i.k.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s very true. There arenā€™t too many true holos for most common cards. I have a double edged sword with Eevees in that I get holos but there are also a ton more cards to find.

That was a darn fine delibird! Haha. Thanks for chiming in with the info dude

Yeah eevee gets holos, Diglett and bellsprout are shafted that priveledge haha.

Just as a curious note, for the fire red leaf green set at least, it isnā€™t calling them ā€œreverseā€ itā€™s calling them ā€œrefractorā€. Check it out!

drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2xPJGLi2dHxzY5kakvTBGMkY0HuY-jI/view?usp=drivesdk

I suppose that a synonym of holo that didnā€™t catch on. If that is the official description I think it would be beneficial for the community to use it as it is not as misleading.